Ruddle
Evennews Modification
  • 2004/8/12 11:53

• Ruddle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/10

This is a great module!

Is there anyway to trim or limit the amount of characters that appear on the main module page in the "Most Recent Messages" section. It would be nice if this was an abstract, say 200 characters, then the whole newsletter with all formatting stripped out. Has anyone done this?

Currently:

[size=x-small]July Newsletter Monthly Activities July 2: First Friday Mass/rosary/coffee. 8:30 AM daily Mass. Then recitation of rosary. Afterwards, we'll meet up at the Starbucks in Safeway July 2: The Last Battle cast party. 6 PM. Youth Center. July 3: First Saturday devotion. 8:30 AM daily Mass. Then recitation of rosary. Also, confession. July 11: Mom's Group bake sale, to defray baby-sitting costs for Bible study. After all Sunday Masses. Please come out and buy some yummy snacks! Other Activities Every Friday: Recitation of the Divine Mercy chaplet, rosary and Stations of the Cross. 3 PM. St. John's church. St. Gerard's Expecting Parents Terry Flook (December 2004 or January 2005) Pam Duca (January 2005) July Birthdays Hannah Ballinger 7/4/90 (St. Elizabeth of Portugal) Patrick Koehr 7/4/95 (St. Odo the Good) David Flook 7/7/01 (St. Pantaenus) Josh Galvin 7/9/89 (Bl. Adrian Fortescue) Tessie Van Dyke 7/9/96 (St. Veronica Guiliani) Evan Curley 7/10/93 (St. Anthony Pechersky) Isabel Robey 7/11/03 (St. Olga) Matthew Hassan 7/21/94 (St. Lawrence of Brindisi) Ashton Gould 7/24/99 (St. Declan) William Hassan 7/25/96 (St. James the Greater) Bella McNiff 7/25/96 (St. Magnericus) Kelly Koehr 7/28/86 (St. Innocent I) Kaitlyn Koehr 7/30/85 (St. Tatwine) Upcoming Events Planning meeting, August 1. Picture of the Month [/size]

Preferred:

[size=x-small]July Newsletter Monthly Activities July 2: First Friday Mass/rosary/coffee. 8:30 AM daily Mass. Then recitation of rosary. Afterwards, we'll meet up at the Starbucks in Safeway July 2: The Last Battle...[/size]

Ruddle
Re: Evennews Modification
  • 2004/8/18 14:23

• Ruddle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/10

Any input on this??

Bender
  • 2004/8/18 16:13

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Yes,

go to the project page:http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?evennews

select the feature request tracker and enter it as a feature request. As ackbarr is currently giving some love to this module you might have a chance for getting this in ... (possibly ... maybe ... by chance ... that is )

ackbarr

thanks for the plug bender, I took the liberty of adding a feature request for this. ATM I'm working on a couple bugs that I cannot duplicate on my development installs, but as soon as they are figured out I'm going to release 2.0.2 that incorporates fixes for all the known bugs.

ackbarr

for those playing along at home, you can clip the newsletter text to 200 characters by:

in index.php change (line 169 in release 2.0.1):
$messages['message'] = strip_tags(trim($myarray['message']));

to
$messages['message'] = xoops_substr(strip_tags(trim($myarray['message'])), 0200);

If necessary, I can add a config option so that the user can control how many characters are used.

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits