Jerico
start page & plain html
  • 2004/8/15 17:40

• Jerico

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/24

I have a question about setting a start page which contains only html. For example, if I were to use cj-content how would I make a page I had created to be used as the start page?

What module would best be suitable for the task. Is there a module that can do that? Or is there some sort of hack in which I could do this?

Thanks

jlm69
Re: start page & plain html
  • 2004/8/15 17:51

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

Not familiar with C-J Content but you should be able to go to system admin > preferences > general settings and set cj content to be your start page. I know it would work with tiny content.
Hope that helps.

Jerico
  • 2004/8/15 17:58

• Jerico

• Just popping in

the problem with cj-content, is that it doesn't send you to a specific page you had created, just to the main cj-content page...

With tinycontent, I would be able to do what I'm asking?

jlm69
  • 2004/8/15 18:02

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

Yes, I have done it.

Jerico
  • 2004/8/15 18:08

• Jerico

• Just popping in

hmm, new problem, the tinycontent to ver 1.5 gives me a 404, and appears to not be hosted on chapi's site:(

I'll keep searching, perhaps it's located in a new spot than what the search is bringing up

but, thanks for the reply^_^

[update] found it, for those of you coming across this post, the real dl link can be found in alphebetical order somewhere around this page::
https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=24&min=80&orderby=titleA&show=10

yellowchimp

just to suggest another route.

If you wanted to go back to using cj content : the following mught help.

I used icontent and similar to you, if I set icontent as the startpage then I would just get the icontent mainpage displayed and not the page I wanted to be my startpage.

So I replaced the html of the icontents mainpage with the html that I wanted to be my homepage.

I did this by going to system admin - templates - then looking at your theme I clicked on the word 'list' by icontent (cj content in your case). In here there will be a template that controls your index page called something_index.html. I clicked on edit and deleted the code and replaced it with my html code. Then saved that.

Hope that helps a little.

carnuke
  • 2004/8/16 12:51

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Yellochimp you may want to look at this thread here HERE then have allok at the docs site link below to see an example of how i'ts done. The home page is all html inserted into a simple module that I called intro. Let me know if you want more details.

Richard

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits