tedsmith
Search Block Returns No Hits?
  • 2004/8/13 9:26

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I have my search block activated, and checked that registered users have access to it via the Group permissions settings, and that it is visible in the Blocks settings etc.

If I do a search as an administrator for a word that I know exists in the site (such as Black) I get hits returned. When I log-in as a testuser and do the same, the searches return no hits? If, as testuser, I put in the word 'the', however, I get a flurry of hits?

Any ideas?

=================UPDATE============

Discovered that it is one particular module that the search facility is not searching and that is the WF-Downloads module. I determined this by doing a search for words that I know exists outside of that module, like 'the'. It returned values for that, and other like it, but none of the hits were ever from that module. I have it ticked as an area to search, and I have checked and double checked all the permissions for it using the module itself and the Block and Group permission in Sys Admin. As a standard user I can access the module itself, and even download from it. So why is the search facility not searching it?

Please help someone!!

====================UPDATE=========================

OK, done more tests. If I do a search for thr word 'web', or 'zip', both return hits from the WF-DOwnloads module. If I do a search for 'Black' (cause we have software called Black Widow), or 'ILook' (cause we have software called 'ILook) it gets no returned hits? I just don't get it. I thought for a minute it was only able to search text that it finds in descriptions etc, so I put a search in for 'license' and 'file' which I know exists freqently in the descripton areas. Agagin, no hits returned.

So then I though that maybe it only searches for words of 3 letters or less, so I checked the settings for the Serach module (In Sys Admin\Search Options) and reduced it from 3 to nothing. Still no luck.

Can anyone help me with this?

tedsmith
Re: Search Block Returns No Hits?
  • 2004/8/15 16:08

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

If anyone can just give me a few pointers here (suggestions) I'd be really gratful - I don't necessarily expect someone to have the definitive answer, but perhaps a few ideas to try?

I am launching my Intranet site at work tomorrow at 10:30am and I really don't want to have to say to them "The search facility does not work properly yet but I am looking into it" because that was one of the main reasons we decided to use a system like XOOPS in the first place - so we could search through our masses of data using keywords.

To summarise, a search as an Administrator works great - but as a regular user only very few hits come up using the same word search, or commonly none at all even though the word(s) are on the site?

Login

Who's Online

380 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 380

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits