tedsmith
URGENT - Modules listed but not accessible by Non-Webmasters
  • 2004/8/12 12:23

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I got several modules installed, and all of them show in my menu screen, and are viewable when I'm logged in as admin. They have all been set-up with content and everything.

However, I have registered a testuser, and with that, I can see the modules FAQ, MyAlbum and Polls listed. However, when I click on them nothing appears on the main screen.

So I went to Blocks. Odly, the FAQ and Polls modules are not listed? So I cannot change their visibility. I checked the permissions in Groups, and 'Registered Users' (for which testuser is a member of) have access to all three of the modules.

So I checked the permissions of each of the modules using their own settings. They too are all OK?

I am totally stumped? Why are they showing up in the navigation bar, but not listed in the blocks screen, and they all have correct permissions in the groups area?

One last thing (not as vital though) - I have my testuser set to receive PM when a forum is updated (by using the option in the Edit Account Setup), but a message is not sent when a reply is submitted?

Please help

tedsmith
Re: URGENT - Modules listed but not accessible by Non-Webmasters
  • 2004/8/12 12:30

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Sorted it! Don't know why, but by using the 'update' option in Admin\Modules they are now all working again for all users, webmasters and registered users alike. Very odd!!??

Login

Who's Online

554 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 554

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits