mikem
Can someone recommend a module(s) to recreate my existing website?
  • 2004/8/11 19:56

• mikem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/30

Hi All,

First - I'm just getting started with XOOPS. PHP too, for that matter.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could suggest what module or modules I could (or should) use to re-create my existing website using XOOPS:

www.mrkratom.com

Right now, everything is static, except for my "calculators" page, which uses PHP. I would like to set things up so that I can post more information to the site as time permits. In this regard, it would be sort of like "news articles". I also like the idea of users being able to post "comments" about the various articles.

Bear in mind that I would like to keep as much of the existing look & feel as possible. Mostly because I hate UI design, and since I like what I have now, I don't want to muck with it anymore

Another thing is that I would like to be able to support multiple languages. I'm thinking that, in the admin interface, I should have the ability to submit articles, and at the same time specify the language they are written in. I should then be able translate the same article into multiple other languages. Which version gets presented to the user should be based on their user profile. Anyway, I figure that the ability to "tag" an article with multiple languages ought to be part of the "article management system"; I looked at Wf-Sections, but didn't see anything like this.

At any rate, I'm just looking for some ideas to help me get going in the right direction. 'Specially since documentation seems to be a little short around here

Thanks,

Mike

jmass
Re: Can someone recommend a module(s) to recreate my existing website?
  • 2004/8/11 20:04

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

The standard load with a content module like tiny D or wf-sections should work fine.

You will have to Xoopsize your theme. I can do it for a small fee if you would like. I would recommend Mith, but he is very busy right now..... Right Mith?

Anyways I love your look and feel, if you do make a theme please release it! I would love to see it added to the stable. If you want to try it yourself, I will be happy to help, as will everyone else.

Welcome to Plesentville.... I mean XOOPS

JMass

mikem
Re: Can someone recommend a module(s) to recreate my existing website?
  • 2004/8/11 20:53

• mikem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/30

Thanks for the comments! Regarding the theme, I've already paid someone to work on it for me (from 7dana). I'll have to make sure that I will have the rights to it, in which case, I will release it for free.

Thanks again,

Mike

Login

Who's Online

106 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 106

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits