djsckizo
Re: Jamroom-like Module for Music Artists to make profiles and music uploads
  • 2004/8/7 15:05

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

I really like Monty's idea about adding fields yourself. This is a terrific idea because you will be able to make up survey's for your artists to fill out, like what is done on Soundclick.com. You could do this:

Why this name?
It just seems to fit me.

Do you play live?
Haven't yet. Not sure if I will.

How, do you think, does the internet (or mp3) change the music industry?
Well, since I'm not as cool as all the mainstream artists, I guess this is the only way anyone will hear it.

Would you still sign a record contract with a major label?
Probably not. I'm not an image, and that is all that the big labels seem to want to turn you into; just something they can cash in on. I'm me, and that is all I can be. I have no desire to change for them.

Band History:
My history is told in music. If you are really that intrested in my history, you'll listen to the music and to what I'm saying.

Your influences?
Main influence? I'd have to say the one who inspired it all. But she'll never know.

Many different underground artists. The ones who deserve recognition, and don't get it are artists like me. So underground they live on the net. Spheres of the Mind and Oddescee. They are underground emcees on mp3.com and soundclick who don't get the attention they deserve.

Favorite spot?
Anywhere near my center.

Equipment used:
The mic.

Anything else...?
Fact of the matter is that this is me. I will not bend for corporations, fans, angels, or devils. I will not stop for religion, society, or any supernatural myth. I am me, and that is all I can and will ever be.

Bassman
  • 2004/8/9 0:43

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Geez, i'm away from here for 2 days and all this happens..... looking forward to this one!

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/9 3:37

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

So, while at work today, I typed all this out to get a general idea going of what I myself am initially looking for in this project:

Artist Home Page

Displays:
-Artist Photo
-Artists Name
-Artist Description
-Offsite Link
-Survey Answers
-Artist Rank
-Artist Comments (Guestbook)

Artist Music Page

The Artist Music Page is seperate from the artist homepage. This shows the music links.

Displays:
-Song Title
-Song Discription

More Abilities

Users will be able to rate the artists on a scale of 1-10.

Master Admin Section

-Image File Size & Shape Settings (ex. 300x200 and 35kbs)
-Music File Folder Location Path
-Photo Folder Location Path
-Create Survey Questions
-Turn Survey on/off
-Turn User Rating on/off

Settings by Group
-Music File Size
-Music File Types Accepted
-Music File Limit or Music Folder Size Limit*
-Music Approval Settings
-Hotlinking on/off
-Comments on/off

User Admin Section

Track Properties (all can be changed at any time)
-Downloadable Yes/No
-Description
-Title

-Photo Upload
-Music Upload
-Description Write Up
-Artist Name
-Survey Answers
-Offsite Link

User Can View Personal Stats

Stats will show:
-Total Downloads
-Song Titles with Streaming and Download Count
-Artist Rating

*The option for the admin to choose one or the other is good because it may be different for each site. One admin might want to give the users 10 songs only. Others might want to give them 25 megs of space only.

lavaburst
  • 2004/8/10 19:34

• lavaburst

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/13

This is very nice.

Is this what will be developed?

What is the expected timeframe when this will be done?

Cheers,

_Dan

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/10 20:37

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

That's just all of what I'd like to see put into it. I don't know about everyone else yet. So far you're the only one to post after it lol.

Timeframe....as soon as possible. =P

m0nty
  • 2004/8/10 23:21

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

forgot to add, also the artists top 10 charts..

you can see the possibilities of what i'm thinkin with what could be done with blocks for this module by viewing this >

Click Here To View

u see all the blocks left/right, well admin could set these up and have certain things as shown in each block and the artists info will appear in those blocks as & when he/she completes the profile..

altho i see it getting very complex..

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/10 23:36

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

Top 10 charts would be great. I'm thinking that an overall top 10, 20, 50, or 100 would be great to have, but also per genre. This would help distinquish it out for the artists.

metin
  • 2004/8/11 18:04

• metin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/21

1) it would be nice when one artist group could upload and another not. So those have to give a downloadlink ( from their own website ).

2) rating & comment for every track

3) different rating criteries (?) like in last 1.0 RC version of myreviews so rating & comment would be possible in one posting.

4)second review option only for redaktion. user ratings + redaktion ratings = summary rating ( those would be the artist rating ).

5) is it possible to get an option in admin area that users have to rate & comment last download before they download another ?

6) and users can´t rate & comment a download a second one !!

7) every artist can only edit (modify) their own artist page !

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/11 21:54

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

If the users are forced to rate and comment a song before being able to download another, you'll end up having problems from users. The ratings won't be very accurate and comments might consist of just a few words, complaints, or just "fhkdjsahf" so they can get to the next download. People will rate things low just because they are annoyed with having to rate it.

what is redaktion?

With the ability to specify how much space a group has, or how many files they can upload, you should have the ability to make one group 0. Still, downloads from any external source won't count in their stats though...only if they download it through the link on your site.

Commenting a second time, I don't see a problem with, but rating a second time would be a problem. That would definetly have to be stopped. Otherwise you'll have people voting for their own stuff tons of times over just to be number 1. Good call with that one. I hadn't even thought of it.

metin
  • 2004/8/13 19:42

• metin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/21

i think you are right. THey wouldnt write right comments to downloaded track.

redaktion is a group with experts. Ratings from this group would be more detailed and analytical and more realistic then user ratings, so those should be weighted more. Both ratings should be listed but the summary rating of this both group ratings should be the real result.

commenting a second time is a problem in our existing site.
The artist write a lot of comments to thank most commentwriters there and then they talk about ather thinks like in a forum. When they can´t write a second comment we wouldn´t have this problem.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits