Bassman
Re: Jamroom-like Module for Music Artists to make profiles and music uploads
  • 2004/8/6 5:44

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Maybe you should register it at the Module Dev Forge. I'll sign on once you do :)

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/6 7:18

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

lavaburst...that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! I'll make up a fake page maybe tomorrow so I might be able to get a visual idea of what all it could show. An artist guest book would be great too, but I guess the Comments section would work equally as good for that, as long as it was for each artist.

Also, Artist Off-Site Links, age, and genre would be good to include.

This would be based on groups though. Like, just joining won't automatically entitle you to it unless of course the setting for creating these pages was for Registered Users. Like, I could make a group called "Artists", and when I add someone to that group, they are given the ability to make one of those pages. Others would be able to view the pages like normal, but only "Artists" would be able to do create.

And name ideas...hmm...here are some random ones:

Audiophile (or file)
BandManager
MusicHost

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/6 7:29

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

More ideas:

Admin section would allow you to change the upload folder size. Basically, the structure could work like xCGal does. Each user gets their own folder created. This will help a lot, especially when people upload a filename with the same name. No overwriting and no renaming because someone else uploads the same filename.

It would also allow the admin to make size limitations by group, just like xCGal does. For instance, groups who are just regular artists could be set at only 15 megs of space. Groups who were Premium Artists, could be set at 30 megs, or something to that effect. Also, making the option of "Approval Before Posting" is a vital feature. This will definetly help cut down when it comes to users who upload copyrighten stuff (provided you recognize the material, that is).

File size limitations would also be good.

Prepare for lots of ideas to be flowing from me over the course of this module design lol. I've wanted something like this for about a year now, but never actually asked about it.

lavaburst
  • 2004/8/6 8:17

• lavaburst

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/13

ok, i will get the profiles working first...

and, I will need to spend some time planning, maybe we can set up a wiki to stockpile a features list.

We need to decide some minimum features for 1.0 and then add more features later to 1.0

I will work on a requirements and features list and post it somewhere.

also, it will integrate with as many XOOPS features as possible. like groups, notifications, comments, and whatever else makes sense.

directory

view profile
-view photos
-play mp3s
-view events
-view services
-view links
-contact artist(s)
-donate
-comments (like guestbook)

edit profile
-name,genre,age,location,description
-add photo
-add mp3
-add links
site admin
-module preferences

bassyard
  • 2004/8/6 9:11

• bassyard

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/5

Yeah this looks very promising!!! do you need some graphics? I can maybe help you out with it

But I'm leaving for holiday in a few hours, so you'll have to wait for a week for the graphics

I so love the XOOPS community, so much energy!!

Grtz B.

metin
  • 2004/8/6 11:30

• metin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/21

what about this modul www.jinzora.org
yo can see it in action as standalone or as CMS version for Postnuke.

i did read here that a version for XOOPS is develeping but it exists problems porting jinzora to xoops. i dont know which and am no programmer to understand how difficult or easy the problems are.

Did post here too that i am looking for an artist modul with info pages and more. Did read the topic here know and think that it is the right way to think about it.

Yesterday i did install wf-section to look how i could get this as artist info pages and wf downloads in combination for artist upload and links !

Links for downloads are important cause most of our artist should use ther own webspace and only 2 /3 get permission to upload tracks.

another important function would be when user could comment & rate a track & a artist when they post a comment ! And when it would exist an redaktion comment & rating ( review ) possibility. Both ratings would be display and there could be summary ratings of this both to get top rated traks and artists as blocks.

When i start with ws-sections & wf-downloads kombination for standart artist i could use the new develeped module for premium ( paying ) artists & user !

Want to learn php to but this year i will have definetly not enough time.

metin

metin
  • 2004/8/6 11:44

• metin

• Just popping in

i did forgot to write a name for new module:

xartists

as example.

and don´t forget the jinzora XOOPS project.
i did install the postnuke version sometimes ago and saw that it have many features but some function lacks.

The jinzora programmer / owner did start the XOOPS project last year and had later problems to get it work under xoops.

it could be a good way to develope this project further ?!?!

m0nty
  • 2004/8/6 13:19

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

this sounds all good so far :)

i just spoke to my partner and we got a budget of $100US max at mo, so some donation for development can be arranged :)

this is what we been lookin for for a long while, as i'm sure djsckizo has been too.. seeing as we're in a similar business.. lol

metin
  • 2004/8/6 14:15

• metin

• Just popping in

Is it not better to develop jinzora further cause their is done a lot of work ?

how much we all have to spend to finish such a module ?

and i have a problem which i described in my other posting:
Only upload function for trax wouldnt solve my problems.

There have to be the ability to allow some users to upload and some to give links from their webspace for their trax.

Ok i think than it will not be possible to stream not uploaded tracks - i dont know ?

one artist group should get upload option and the other who dont pay for this should´nt get.

m0nty
  • 2004/8/6 14:46

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

to me it doesn't matter what it's based on as long as the functions in this thread are there.. ie the profile page etc.. and the bio.. etc.. + the audio clips (doesn't matter if they streamed or to be downloaded) this oughta be optional as low bandwidth sites won't handle the streaming so download would be preferred then..

but group permissions would definitely be a big plus to it..

and template driven for the actual layout.. so is easy customizable..

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits