Dr3vil
Xoops on the Move! (@ SourceForge.net)
  • 2004/8/5 17:37

• Dr3vil

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/10

I noticed today that XOOPS had moved into the top 40 of the most downloaded projects hosted by SourceForge. Up 26 positions from the last 7 days!

Keep up the great work, the 'word' is getting out!

Herko
Re: Xoops on the Move! (@ SourceForge.net)
  • 2004/8/5 18:23

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

XOOPS has been 3rd place not long ago XOOPS gets downloaded about 50.000 times per month on sf.net (but this includes some modules as well).

Also, Alexa states that XOOPS.org is in the yop 10.000 most visited websites in the world.

Herko

Mithrandir

Quote:
Speed: Very Slow (92% of sites are faster), Avg Load Time: 4.7 Seconds (what's this?)

hmmm

but Most popular open source CMS

theprof
  • 2004/8/5 20:41

• theprof

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/14

I swear the more dabbing I do I come to realize that there are now a million CMS out there...

da heck is a megadot?

lol

Mithrandir

There ARE a lot of CMS's available. Too many to list, I feel. However, the download count sure shows that we must be doing something right

Anonymous
  • 2004/8/5 21:15

• Anonymous

• Since:

Searching for the right "C" ...

In other systems "C" stands for "Content". In XOOPS "C" stands for "Community" or "Cooperation" (or am I wrong?).

Could it be that the second "C" is the strength of xoops, the weakness of others and therfore the secret of success?

If this is true, I hope the future development is going that way ...

Mithrandir

XOOPS is community oriented. Almost everything in XOOPS revolves around the user's interaction options available after login - options such as news submissal, download addition, forum posting, commenting, voting in polls etc.

However, I don't agree with people saying that XOOPS is not content management. Agreed, there are other solutions with much more advanced functionality if what you really need is a way to have "static" pages frequently updated and laid out exactly as you want it, but saying that XOOPS does not do content management is, in my opinion, wrong.

The "P" in XOOPS is for "Portal", though.

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits