billfarr
PDF Manager
  • 2004/8/4 18:39

• billfarr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/25

I'm hoping someone will be able to come up with a PDF manager module. I have a genealogy site with hundreds of PDF pages of scanned documents. I'm starting to port a lot of custom modules I wrote for Nuke and don't have time to refit everything for XOOPS. (PS, Nuke is dying on my server, don't know why, tired of fixing it; moved to XOOPS and LOVE IT!)

I could laboriously drag each PDF document back into Photoshop and extract JPG's for each page and load them into MyAlbum-p (which I LOVE), but we're talking scores of man-hours. P on that.

What I'd like to see is a manager like MyAlbum-p where I could fling the document into, add a comment, maybe even have a thumbnail of the first graphic it finds or even the PDF logo. Doesn't matter. I've got too many "too-important" documents to horse around with. Genealogists who use my site to research allied families keep asking for some way to be able to search through a catalog of the PDF's. I'd love to accommodate them by writing something, but I'm way too busy writing my own genealogy module to take on a side project before my nuke installation finally craps its pants the last time.

Any suggestions or notions would be gratefully entertained.
Bill

dheltzel
Re: PDF Manager
  • 2004/8/4 19:39

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

This might be a start:https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=24&lid=411

At least you can leave them as PDF's

billfarr
  • 2004/8/5 14:38

• billfarr

• Just popping in

Cheers! I'm getting familiar with XOOPS and the site here a bit a time. Appreciate the lead! I've DL'd it and will install on my genealogy site this evening.

Thanks!!
B

billfarr
  • 2004/8/5 17:53

• billfarr

• Just popping in

Footie... the file is broken. It won't untar. I reported it, though and perhaps it will be fixed shortly.

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits