tedsmith
Unable to Make Changes to Zaja-System Theme
  • 2004/8/5 13:31

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I have the Zaja-System theme from 7dana Designs.

The trouble is, the content area of my site is only half the size of my screen, and the content gets squashed up. We use large 20" monitors and high resoltion, but I want the site to fill the screen.

I've tried to adjust the theme.html file using Dreamweaver making the main peripheral table to be sized as 100%, thus so it fits the screen - expcet it hasn't worked!

I've treied cloning my templates as instructed here:

http://dcdezines.ca/modules/articles/column.php?columnID=4

and tried turning the 'Update Module Template .html...' to on, and then to off, and then to on agagin...No luck. Obviosuly I've told XOOPS to use the Zaja-System theme by default as well.

I've also tried clearing the templates_c folder after each change but still no luck.

Basically, nothing changes!! I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but all the 7Dana themes tend to be like this, whereas other themes fill the screen.

Can anyone help me and point me in the direction of where perhaps I'm going wrong?

Thanks

tedsmith
Re: Unable to Make Changes to Zaja-System Theme
  • 2004/8/5 14:10

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I've made a degree of progress...

I can change the HEIGHT and change the link text, such as changing the word Welcome to 'goodbye' (just to test), and the changes do take effect. So clearly it isn't XOOPS causing the problem.

If however I try to alter the width (which is the main thing I am trying to do!!) nothing ever changes. What could be preventing the width of the changes taking effect? Anyone in the know?

christian
  • 2004/8/5 14:21

• christian

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/2/24

In this theme you can modify the width in style.css :

table#okvir
{
background-color: #FFFFFF;
width: 765px;
border: 0px solid #ffffff;
}

For apply this modifications, go admin system, general settings, Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory? Yes and submit

(Sorry for my english)

tedsmith
  • 2004/8/5 14:31

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

That's worked a treat - thank you so much

Merci beacoup!!

Ted

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits