seongbae
Will this decrease the chance of search engines finding my site?
  • 2004/8/3 20:52

• seongbae

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/16

I installed my XOOPS site under www.mysite.com/xoops/ directory. When I was installing Xoops, I had in mind of having another main non-Xoops site on the root directory. But later on, I decided not to have the main site. So for past year, I had index.htm in the main directory that uses <meta> redirect to send the users to www.mysite.com/xoops/, which sends the user to www.mysite.com/xoops/modules/news/.

So there are two redirections involved coming to the site. When I do search for my site on google, the result shows only www.mysite.com without the /xoops. So I was wondering if I move the XOOPS to the root directory, if it would increase the chance of my site being returned higher in the search results.

Also, when I give out the site to other people, I always use www.mysite.com. Should I move the XOOPS to the root directory?

Seong

gordy
Re: Will this decrease the chance of search engines finding my site?
  • 2004/8/3 21:02

• gordy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/8 2

You don't Need to move your site to a different folder but I think it would be a good move. If you don't want to move it then you could have a page that forwards using javascript with a regular link on the page as well. Google will crawl that. OR... I just thought of this. If you have access to httpd.conf you can just change the site folder that apache points to with a virtual map... or maybe not.

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits