donster
Administration Section - nothing happens?
  • 2004/8/2 20:14

• donster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/2 1

Hi,

Just installed xoops. When I logged in as admin and clicked on Administration Menu, I get a message: "This is your first time to enter administration section. Press the button below to proceed." I hit "Submit" and a page tries to load, then back to the original message.

What's up?

ackbarr
Re: Administration Section - nothing happens?

check that the XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/cache directory is writable by your web server software. On Linux/Unix this means giving the /cache directory '777' permissions, on Windows, giving the web server process (IUSR_ on IIS, System on Apache) write access to the /cache folder. If stuck, or unsure how to change these permissions, contact your host.

If you have already set the permissions on the /cache, turn on php debugging using the instructions in the Troubleshooting a blank page in XOOPS wiki. After enabling php debug, try going into the admin section again, and post any errors that are displayed.

Mithrandir

Allow your site to access your HTTP Referrer - most software firewalls block this by default.

donster
  • 2004/8/3 18:01

• donster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/2 1

Hello Grey Pilgrim,

Thank you for your ideas, though the http referrer is working fine. I ran through the suggestions of ackbarr and found this error:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in file include/functions.php line 433

My hosting provider is suggesting there is a security issue/firewall problem with my browser, but Norton is currently disabled.

Login

Who's Online

516 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 516

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits