CeBepuH
Re: What's going on with XOOPS
  • 2005/5/2 16:51

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

Just to add a little something. Have in mind that this comes from a common user who tends to ask dumb questions.

Mith, will the news about CBB 1.10 be approved? If the news are the same as what phppp posted in the forum... The news piece can be divided in two:

1. Release of the CBB 1.10, bugfixes and changelog.
2. The NewBB 2.0 team falling apart.

I understand why you are reluctant to release the second part of the news before you have had some insight on what happened or tried to contact Predator.

But the release of CBB 1.10 has been a fact for almost a week. Actually, after a week news tend to become an old fact. Just look how many days took for the release of 1.10 after 1.0 was announced.

So couldn't the second part of phppp's news be (have been) edited out?

In this thread some points were raised about the problem with communication between different language communities, some plans were made and it seems some action was taken in some private forums.

When CBB was first announced here, it sounded more like a Chinese Bulletin Board. With 1.10 it is XOOPS Community Bulletin Board. I would like to congratulate phppp for this and that he decided to share this module with the XOOPS community and not only release it for Chinese users. Because it could very well have stayed inside XOOPS China, no news send here about it, no English language files inside the module.

So if you want to start somewhere improving communication between different language communities I think this could be the point to start doing it.

I know you guys have a lot of work to do in your jobs, personal lifes to live, new modules to try and get off the ground, a new XOOPS version that everybody is looking forward to and I absolutely admire and applaud the stuff you do.

But such little frustrations as a news item not released or seeing your wife kissing another guy on the cheek (just kidding) can lead to big decisions. Actually, people tend to decide 'I have had enough of it. I wont be taking care/be involved/do this anymore'. Small things tend to have quite vast consequnces.

Mithrandir

Quote:
Mith, will the news about CBB 1.10 be approved?

On the evening of phppp's original post, I had a talk with him during which I removed the paragraphs not about CBB and posted it. Phppp told me then during the talk that he would rather that I removed it completely as he would write a new one. I have not seen a new submissal announcing the CBB release and could therefore not approve it.

Thank you for your attention, though.

CeBepuH
  • 2005/5/2 17:27

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

Darn! It seems that I have asked a dumb question again. :)

Mithrandir

How could you know? Anyway, thanks for voicing your concern, so I had a chance to address it instead of letting it grow.

Gambero[removed]
Re: Whats going on with XOOPS

As administrator of Slovenian XOOPS Support site I would like to have access to those forums.

Thanks.

Mithrandir

Certainly. Logout and back in and you should see them in the forum list.

hervet
  • 2005/5/2 18:52

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Certainly. Logout and back in and you should see them in the forum list.

You forgot me ?

Mithrandir

Not anymore.

However, bear in mind that just yet those forums are for discussing initiatives, action plans and guidelines and not so much for "just anybody" from a local support site (I know you are not just anybody, so I hope you understand what I am aiming at)

Anyone willing to not only suggest ideas but also work with the others to carry them out and take his or her share of the workload is welcome. The end result is - I hope - some actions and plans that will involve everyone from the XOOPS community, but now we need do'ers and not just watchers, which is why the forums are closed to the general public.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

hervet
  • 2005/5/2 19:09

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

thank you

alitan
  • 2005/5/3 0:27

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

I think it would be perfect if you would atleast give the local site webmasters(including myself )the permission to view these forums so that we could discuss this matter.

A. Tanara
Http://Www.FarsiXoops.orG

Login

Who's Online

454 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 454

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits