m0nty
Re: Database tables -- insert codes
  • 2006/2/10 4:31

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

wtravel posted for XOOPS 2.0.13.2 unfortunately..

xoops 2.2.4 is somewhat different, i dunno how to do it with 2.2 tho.. sorry.

wtravel

Ah, sorry... I had a look into 2.2.3 and in the file:

modules/profile/register.php

look for the line: $newid = $newuser->getVar('uid');

Below that line insert
//Insert user into PCPIN table
$sql sprintf("INSERT INTO %s (uname_field, email_field, pass_field) VALUES (%s, %s, %s)"$this->db->prefix('other_table_name'), $newuser->getvar('uname'), $newuser->getvar('email'), $newuser->getvar('pass'));
$result $xoopsDB->query($sql);

You will need to change the database name and fieldnames again.

I did not test it because I did not install a 2.2.3 version on my PC, but you can give this a try and let me know if it works or not .

Edited: 2.2.4 did not change regarding the insertion of a user.

RSearcy
  • 2006/2/10 14:35

• RSearcy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/2 2

It's not working, unfortunately. I get this error:

Fatal errorCall to a member function prefix() on a non-object in /home/grtest/public_html/xoops/modules/profile/register.php on line 156
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined variablegrtest_i155xoo in file modules/profile/register.php line 156

Here's the code I put in, so you can see what I did wrong (which is obvious lol) -- oh, BTW, in addition to XOOPS 2.2.3, I'm also running PHP 5.0.5 and MySQL 4.1.13-standard if y'all needed to know that:

$sql sprintf("INSERT INTO %s (login, email, password) VALUES (%s, %s, %s)"$grtest_i155xoo->prefix('pcpin_user'), $newuser->getvar('uname'), $newuser->getvar('email'), $newuser->getvar('pass'));

$result $grtest_i155xoo->query($sql);

wtravel

The key is to get the correct database handler class.

Try and replace $grtest_i155xoo with $xoopsDB in both lines.

RSearcy
  • 2006/2/10 15:04

• RSearcy

• Just popping in

Still not working, however, I no longer get an error message when registering (and I still have PHP debug turned on). It registers in the xoops_users but not the pcpin_user.

$sql sprintf("INSERT INTO %s (login, email, password) VALUES (%s, %s, %s)"$xoopsDB->prefix('pcpin_user'), $newuser->getvar('uname'), $newuser->getvar('email'), $newuser->getvar('pass'));

$result $xoopsDB->query($sql);

wtravel

Can you check which error the query comes up with?
You can add the errorhandler functionality by adding two lines and changing the last line.

include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/class/module.errorhandler.php";
$eh = new ErrorHandler;
$result $xoopsDB->query($sql) or $eh->show("0013");

RSearcy
  • 2006/2/10 15:47

• RSearcy

• Just popping in

Error Code0013

ERROR
Could not query the database
ErrorYou have an error in your SQL syntaxcheck the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '2, grtest2@grtest2.robertsearcy.info, 284ffbecc619c5d27f3e0067e22e30c1)' at line 1

I noticed something too when I looked at that error code.....it's cutting off the 1st part of the username.

The username I had registered with was User2 (because I'm doing test users to test out not only this but other stuff too from a normal user standpoint before I make a "final draft" of the site.

wtravel

I am not sure what why this is not working yet. What you could do to find out what causes the problem is to add a few echo commands.

add these lines
echo $newuser->getVar('uname')." is supposed to be the usename<br />";
echo 
$sql;

before the line:
$result = $xoopsDB->query($sql) or $eh->show("0013");

It will show you the username that is supposed to be safed and it will show you the full sql code for the INSERT query.

RSearcy
  • 2006/2/10 17:28

• RSearcy

• Just popping in

grnet2 is supposed to be the username
INSERT INTO xoops_pcpin_user 
(loginemailpasswordVALUES (grnet2grtest2@grtest2.robertsearcy.info284ffbecc619c5d27f3e0067e22e30c1)
Golden-Road.net Error

Error Code

ERROR
Could not query the database
ErrorYou have an error in your SQL syntaxcheck the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '@grtest2.robertsearcy.info, 284ffbecc619c5d27f3e0067e22e30c1)' at line 1

There ya go. Still, I don't know what could be wrong. I'm glad there's people like you around to help.

Edit: OOOOOOOOHHHHHH WAIT! I see what's up. It's trying to insert it into "xoops_pcpin_user". It's trying to insert the data into the wrong table (a non-existant one). How would I fix that?

wtravel

I hope this was the problem. Started to run out of options (almost).
$sql sprintf("INSERT INTO %s (login, email, password) VALUES (%s, %s, %s)"'pcpin_user'$newuser->getvar('uname'), $newuser->getvar('email'), $newuser->getvar('pass'));

Looking forward to see if it that does the trick or not.

For reference, the $xoopsDB->prefix() function adds the prefix XOOPS uses for its tables.

Login

Who's Online

113 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 113

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits