jdseymour
Re: Installation problem xoops 2.1.1

Quote:
I have just tried to put the CVS nightly in, installed it, copied over all the old settings in with phpmyadmin!

How did you do this exactly? Never used phpmyadmin to copy any settings.

I think you need to get to the modules page and update the system module. The link is:

http://www.yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin

Now you may need to go to:

http://www.yoursite.com/user.php

To Log in first.

HTH.

matt5289
  • 2005/6/15 0:36

• matt5289

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/15

Sure did that, and erm, the anonymous people that come on the site just get no blocks etc, its all screwed up
Regarding PHPmyadmin, this is a very powerful editor once you get the hang of it! its just a matter of using "operations" to copy to a backup database thing, and then dropping the other one and then recopying everything back in, i dont know if this is meant to be done, but i tried it, cos otherwise id have to make it from scratch again!

jdseymour

Recheck the group permissions, and block settings.

m0nty
  • 2005/6/15 0:44

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i just tried the latest cvs, got it installed, but can't do a thing :s

it just went into a loop after changing preferences.. now it's unusable.

@matt, i think you're very brave for trying to build a website out of an alpha dev version tho especially when changes occur on a daily basis.. most people build sites from a version that's at least stable..

matt5289
  • 2005/6/15 0:44

• matt5289

• Just popping in

So we get in through the user page!
TWICE!
then we update the system module!
Set up the blocks and hey presto, well done people thanks for your fast and efficiant support, it worked this time! yay! that saved me all night making the whole thing again! hahahQuote:

jdseymour wrote:
Recheck the group permissions, and block settings.

matt5289
  • 2005/6/15 0:48

• matt5289

• Just popping in

It is brave i know, but this new one looks and feels so good, my website is not that important to many people so its not a big deal if it breaks! Now i have learned phpmyadmin, its not so bad after all, that reminds me, i must keep this backup thing nightly now aswell! checking up on the CVS nightly is now easier with getright.. it can check the date and time of the file on the server and then i can just get it if its new!

jdseymour

Well that is the risk of the daily builds. As new items are added it may, or it may not work. I hope this is only a test site for him.

Things should start stabilizing soon as long as the dates in the roadmap are still close to correct. But that code until final and released is still just for testing purposes, to help the developers locate bugs.

matt5289
  • 2005/6/15 0:54

• matt5289

• Just popping in

I wouldnt have it any other way lol, it is a test site, i dont mind calling it that! a friend of mine showed me XOOPS and i instantly thought it was great... alot better than my old html site so i instantly took it up, besides if nobody used it how would they know the bugs there, im sure us "retail" users have helped these guys out loads too!

m0nty
  • 2005/6/15 1:07

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

yup i'm sure too :) especially those that actually do know the difference between alpha/beta and stable versions lol..

just be careful tho when using the db backup method as if there are changes made to the core that also include addition of database rows and tables etc, your backup will need to be edited to reflect those changes too..

but glad you like it and welcome to XOOPS :)

Mithrandir

Quote:
i just tried the latest cvs, got it installed, but can't do a thing :s

it just went into a loop after changing preferences.. now it's unusable.

Wow. With bug reports like that, I'll be sure to get it fixed soon.

Come on m0nty... you can do better

Login

Who's Online

295 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 295

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits