upsadaz
FYI: What do you have on line 41 in xoopsheadline/index.php?
  • 2004/4/13 15:34

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/26

I have submitted a question on the agenda-X tech support site about this issue. It seems there is another Agenda-X user that is having the same errors. I'm not sure if the php error messages about the minical have anything to do with the Headlines module. I guess anything is possible so I gave it a shot. Here is the what I posted to this user on wjue's support forum:

"Sorry. I have no idea how to solve this problem but I have the same errors on my XOOPS site...www.up-link.net
Maybe it can help wjue determine your problem by describing mine as well.
Although my agenda-x displays properly I have the php debug error message:
Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 1 in file modules/agendax/minical.inc.php line 149
Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 2 in file modules/agendax/minical.inc.php line 149
Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 1 in file modules/agendax/minical.inc.php line 149
Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 2 in file modules/agendax/minical.inc.php line 149

This message occurs on every page of the web site, which displays the minical.
I have also noticed that my headline module doesn't display but this may be unrelated. I'm not sure. I get a blank page when I click on the the headlines link from the main menu. The script error I get on that link is:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
... html/modules/xoopsheadline/index.php on line 41

I have posted this question on the xoops.org forum as well without too much success."

phppp
Re: FYI: What do you have on line 41 in xoopsheadline/index.php?
  • 2004/4/13 16:51

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

This is a xoopsheadline bug or non-perfect configuration.

solution:
1 You must have at least one headline site created
2 You must choose Display in main page option for at least one site.

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/13 17:33

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

Thank you for your suggestions.
There is a default XOOPS headline site created. When I choose "Display in main page" I get the following php debug error on the blank xoopsheadline page:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: xml_parser_create() in .../html/class/xml/saxparser.php on line 44

when I tried to add a new headline the whole site, including start page went blank. I'll try it again with debug on and let you know the error...

Merci beaucoup.

phppp
  • 2004/4/13 17:45

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

is XML installed and enabled on your server?

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/13 18:03

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

Hmmm... I believe so. I have access to Webmin and I'm looking to see if I can determine that. I don't see XML in the package tree. Do you have a suggestion as to how I can find if I do have XML installed and enabled on this server? The associate who put this server together said it should be in there by default??
I have Apache webserver v. 2.0.47.

Mithrandir

Bugger! Why didn't I spot that one?

I think, I had the same message on my local installation of Mambo on my Linux server - simply because I did not have XML extensions on the server.

Check with your host if this is possible.

---

The AgendaX notices are just that - notices. It doesn't mean that the code is broken, but the author has used a variable or index of an array, which does not necessarily have a value and hence, these notices that the variable/array index is empty is given.

Unless the variable must have a value for the page to work, it is nothing to worry about (but should be avoided when writing modules)

phppp
  • 2004/4/13 18:12

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

Quote:

upsadaz wrote:
Do you have a suggestion as to how I can find if I do have XML installed and enabled on this server?

Run phpinfo()

To see if you can find this

Configure Command
'--with-xml'

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/13 18:51

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

phppp
I am very grateful to you for coming up with this solution!! Now, you have to realize how new I am at this.
Would you clarify "Run phpinfo()" ? I have SSH access to the server as well as webmin on a Mandrake box. Where do I go from here?
Thank you, again.

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/13 19:11

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

Mithrandir
Yes, I'll check on those XML extensions. The server is my own so I'll install XML if they aren't there.
Thanks for the explanation for theAgendaX notices. Your guidance is appreciated.
So I'll not bother wjue with this issue anymore! oops

Mithrandir

Quote:

upsadaz wrote:
phppp
I am very grateful to you for coming up with this solution!! Now, you have to realize how new I am at this.
Would you clarify "Run phpinfo()" ? I have SSH access to the server as well as webmin on a Mandrake box. Where do I go from here?
Thank you, again.
Just upload a small php file (e.g. info.php) with as only contents:
echo phpinfo();
?>

After that, point your browser to the info.php file, you've just made.

Login

Who's Online

1037 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 1037

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits