Stuke
Can't find xoops_version.php
  • 2004/12/8 23:51

• Stuke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

I am experiencing blank screen problems after install similiar to others here. I have checked all file permissions and all are set correctly.

I did some echo tracing through the php and found that in the common.php file at the bottom there is a file_exists function call looking for './xoops_version.php', which it does not find.

Where is it looking for the file? Doesn't './' mean the current directory level? Which directory?

I see the code is related to modules and I have just installed the core files.

Since the file_exists function call fails the script ends and there is no output to the browser, even when viewing the page source.

I see that the modules all use the xoops_version.php file does this mean there is a similiar file for just the core files that I might be missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

smdcom
Re: Can

actually, i can't understand what are facing.. can you enable php debug. admin menu -> system -> preferences -> general config

Stuke
  • 2004/12/9 0:33

• Stuke

• Just popping in

Thanks for your quick response.

I am also having problems with Admin pages. I get the message that I am not allowed access then redirects me to the blank index page.

I have osCommerce running on this system and all PHP and MySQL versions are the latest.

I am running on Windows and have granted full control to all directories.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again.

brash
  • 2004/12/9 0:35

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Latest version of PHP as in 5.0X? XOOPS currently only supports 4.x and you'll need to use XOOPS 2.0.9 beta for PHP 5 support.

Stuke
  • 2004/12/9 0:44

• Stuke

• Just popping in

Sorry, I should have listed the actual versions.

MySQL - 4.0.17
PHP - 4.3.2.2

The install worked fine, green lights all the way.

Have not traced admin page problem yet, but there is definately a problem in the common.php as I mentioned in the previous post.

Thanks for all your help, very much appreciated.

ackbarr

Stuke - can you enable PHP debugging using one of the methods listed here:

XOOPS FAQ: Why do I have a blank white page on my site?

Quote:

I am also having problems with Admin pages. I get the message that I am not allowed access then redirects me to the blank index page.

Do you have a firewall (either software or hardware) that blocks the http_referrer from being sent? Out of the box XOOPS checks this header as a security measure.

Stuke
  • 2004/12/9 1:03

• Stuke

• Just popping in

Yes, I have read that page and have enabled php debugging in both the PHP.INI and in the xoops_config table.

I do not get any error messages from PHP or xoops. Just the blank page.

All tracing done so far still points to the xoops_version.php file not being found.

Or maybe that is the result of a problem somewhere else.

Thanks again folks.

Dave_L
  • 2004/12/9 2:51

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

The only instances of xoops_version.php are in the /modules subdirectory. And each subdirectory of /modules/system/admin has one of them.

Stuke
  • 2004/12/9 3:05

• Stuke

• Just popping in

Thanks for reply, I am aware that these files are associated with the modules.

When I "trace" through the index.php it loads mainfile.php which then loads include/common.php and runs right down to near the end of that script file when it encounters the file_exists function looking for './xoops_version.php'.

Which it won't find because it is probably not in the right directory, or something else is wrong which lead it to think that it should be able to find this file.

I am new to XOOPS but not to php and MySQL as I have done some custom osCommerce sites. Just trying to learn a new tool.

Thanks,

Stuke

Dave_L
  • 2004/12/9 16:59

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

You might add this just before the include of xoops_version.php, so you can see what the current directory is:

echo "cwd=(" getcwd() . ")n";

But I suspect that's not the problem.

Are you sure PHP Debug is enabled? You could also try turning on MySQL Debug to see if it's a MySQL issue.

My Browser Check script may be helpful in verifying that it's not a problem with a firewall, cookies, etc.

Login

Who's Online

281 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 281

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits