VideoDude
URGENT: Did I get hacked?
  • 2004/10/18 22:50

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

I just went to look at the main page of my site and was greeted by a white page that read...Quote:
Error: it was not specified the protocol type argument
I have one other XOOPS-powered site running on this same server and it appears OK. What's up with this error? Anyone?

Stewdio
Re: URGENT: Did I get hacked?
  • 2004/10/18 22:56

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

This appears to be a socket error of some sort, either a javascript socket connection problem or a windows IIS problem.

Do you have any further information to add?

VideoDude
Re: URGENT: Did I get hacked?
  • 2004/10/18 22:59

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

No, no new info to add. I'm running Apache on a Solaris box. This was all running just fine. I was actually looking at pages on the site... then suddenly WHAMO... I get this error. I can't think of anything I would have done that could have caused this problem.

Stewdio
Re:URGENT: Did I get hacked?
  • 2004/10/18 23:06

• Stewdio

Thats an incredibly unique error. Go to http://www.macambridge.com/dummies/ and click on the trouble link on the bottom left. Once the page opens, look under debug info and try get one of the debugger tools turned on.

I'm crossing my fingeres here and hoping the error ouput will display on your site. If not, let us know. I've never seen this problem before.

VideoDude
  • 2004/10/18 23:24

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks Stewdio... I'm on the road and won't get a chance to look at this for about an hour or so, but I'll get back to you on what I find.

Stewdio
  • 2004/10/18 23:49

• Stewdio

Throw us a link, if I Can't get to it, someone will take a peek and try to decipher this odd error.

VideoDude
  • 2004/10/18 23:52

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

Now I'm totally confused. Just as quickly and suddenly as the problem started... it has now ended. I simply don't get it. What do you see? http://www.goLancaster.com

ackbarr

just a rough guess, but I'd bet that the weather feed used by the snx_weather module went down for a short time. Are you using the same module on the other site (that still worked)? If so, was module caching on for that module?

VideoDude
  • 2004/10/19 0:06

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

The weather module does not exist on the other site. You may be right, but I've had the weather syndication go out before and all I get is blank content on that module only. The rest of the site worked fine during weather info blackouts.

VideoDude
  • 2004/10/19 12:31

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks for the quick feedback folks. I did a search of the SNX_Weather code and sure enough... the error "it was not specified the protocol type argument" was found in the file ".\http.php".

Mithrandir... don't know if you're seeing this thread... but you might want to figure out a way to keep this from happening. It totally hijacked my site. This aside, I think your weather module is really cool.

Login

Who's Online

410 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 410

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits