orgunozcu
Wo has A spotligt Block (FOR NEWS) like that? Please
  • 2005/11/27 21:16

• orgunozcu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/1 5

İn my site i use classic spotlight (http://www.bozkirhaber.com) but in a site i saw a spotlıght block (İt İs Not Xoops)

But it is very nice spotlight block.. I have toguht somebody have made e spotlight like that and share with us..

I sow in this site =http://www.interhaber.com (it İs not xoops)

plesae if somebody has a spotlight for XOOPS .. please give link. THANKS...

((What has this spotyigiht= you touch by mouse and the new title chanches)) sorry for my bad english
www.cancer-aids.net

www.cinselliksaglik.com

www.konyaninsesi.com
www.psikolojikdanisman.org
www.xoopshocasi.com

defwind77
Re: Wo has A spotligt Block (FOR NEWS) like that? Please
  • 2005/11/28 0:07

• defwind77

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/11

no it's not possible with XOOPS really without a lot of customising - a lot of the more recently developed cms progs are far more dynamic - have a look at joomla - it handles such things very easily...

Peekay
  • 2005/11/28 1:29

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I have to agree that the lack of a decent spotlight mod for XOOPS is a real pain. I would love to show 6 blocks on the top page with teaser text and thumbnail images, but I might need 3 articles from category a), 2 from category b) and one from category z).

Unless I missed a feature in the various article mods that are available for XOOPS (News, Smart-section, WF-Section, AMS, ARms, Magazine, Articles) the best I can do is one block per category, or just one featured article.

It would be a nice mod that could allow me to place block 1, block 2, block 3... etc (unlimited), each pulling an article summary and an image from... well, somewhere.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

jdseymour

AMS does a spotlite, and as many mini spotlites as you wamt. You can choose the categories to be shown, or direct select the article. See my front page for an example.

Peekay
  • 2005/11/28 2:00

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Thx jdseymour. I did indeed miss that feature when I last looked at AMS. Looks good on your site too (nice new look all round BTW)

Peekay
  • 2005/11/28 3:29

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

@jdseymour. Many thx for drawing my attention to that feature in AMS. Bringing some variety into the homepage has been a big issue for me and that solves it nicely.

@Orgunozcu, if you want to try this in AMS, you need to create at least 3 articles and set them all as spotlights. Give your lead story spotlight a weight of '0' and the others '1' and '2'. AMS identifies itself as the 'articles' module, so add the articles 'spotlight' block to the top page as a centre-centre block. Edit the block and select 'minis under main'. This puts your lead story on top and the other two underneath.

Very nice.

LazyBadger

Quote:

Peekay wrote:
It would be a nice mod that could allow me to place block 1, block 2, block 3... etc (unlimited), each pulling an article summary and an image from... well, somewhere.

Hmmm... Second solution - for News (first was for AMS).
Add (thanks to studioC) xf_newsmod_blocks module... and get 6 blocks, for every from which you can select
- Category(ies) to show
- Number of articles

If 6 blocks is too small number, adding more blocks can be done fast
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

snow77
  • 2005/11/28 7:32

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

I have been looking for that module (xf_newsmod_blocks) everywhere for a while, at the module repository, at the xoopsfactory, sourceforge, drclone... and can't find it. Does someone know where I can download it from?
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

defwind77
  • 2005/11/28 14:35

• defwind77

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/11

aye xf_newsmod_blocks leads to a dead site - dunno if anyone can up their downloaded version...

LazyBadger

Well, I can share my module distro

Here is module
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits