Friend of XOOPS
Posted on: 2004/1/21 20:37
Sorry for this
Re: Newbbex - Forum Module2004/1/21 20:37 Hi,
Sorry for this
I also had problems using this new forum.
I'm not sure if I read the readme file, but I think my fear was if the writened messages could be erased copying the module files into the XOOPS Core forum.
Good to hear that you like XOOPS
1) Not enough documentation
Yep, true. People hard at work at this
2) It's not easy to modify the User and General menus
That is also true. Also people working on this
3) The download module is only a "diretory" module. It lacks a download part
Don't you mean upload part?
That's in the RC1 of MyDownloads.
It's also not just a directory module - you can link to off-site files, too.
4) You can't give some particular rights to ONE person, you have to usee groups. By the way, is it true that a user can be member of one group only ?
It is NOT true that a user can only be member of one group. You can assign an arbitrary number of groups to one member and gradually add permissions to each group, which combined will give permissions to all areas, the user needs to have.
5) You need a robust server or it will be too slow, even with the cache.
Slow? That hasn't been the usual message from users.
6) You can't use LDAP or a Windows authentification like the one proposed by NT servers. I succed to do it (to use NT authentication) but it was really really hard !
There have been some hacks about LDAP, but I agree, it is not a simple task
7) You can't share the users database with some other sites.
I've heard of people succeeding in sharing databases with other XOOPS sites.
10) You can't position a blocks (horizontally) over ALL the others.
I'd like a general horizontal area above all other blocks but below banners.
11) Two (runing and serious) modules are missing :
a) a syndication module (yes I know xp-syndication)
b) a newsletter module
I don't know syndication... so can't say if that is a seriously missing module (it isn't to me, at least)
Newsletter module - yup... that could be goodie.