SnX MetaSearch is a metasearch engine: it send the search request to other search engines and analyse their replies to generate it own results.
SnX MetaSearch does not claim to be as effective as other metasearch engines. SnX MetaSearch is written in PHP and does not support multithreading, thus searching the Web on multiple search engines may be a time consuming process.
For the moment, SnX MetaSearch submits your search to Google
. It then analyse their replies and shows up the combined top ten results.
The external search engine request function is a plugin. If you are a PHP developper you can create your own plugin that will send the request to the search engine of your choice.
Version 0.2 ()
- xoops_pagetitle update for better referencing
- reinsert keywords in search input
- Lycos plugins
- some code modification
- support for global and french versions of search engines
- caching support to avoid requesting to much and getting blacklisted
Version 0.3 (23/09/2005)
- added local site search using xoops search engine
- hilighting keywords occurences
- php config file (includes/prefs.php)
Version 0.4 (06/10/2005)
- added thumbshots images provided by thumbshots.org
- added thumbshots images provided by alexa.com when thumbshots.org failed
- includes/prefs.php config file settings:
- toggle hilite keywords
- hilite color
- toggle display site description results
- toggle display percentage (%)
- toggle displaying thumbshots
- cache's life time
Demo site: SnX MetaSearch Demo