XOOPS: Facebook connect v1.0 Beta ReleasedPosted by: Mazaron 2009/12/19 22:20:00 14326 reads Hi guys I am releasing the facebook connect V1.0 beta as promised.
Facebook connect module Click to download
Click here to view demo
Setting up Facebook Connect
You first need a Facebook Platform API key for your site. Follow these steps to create an application with the Facebook Developer application.
1. Go to http://www.facebook.com/developers/createapp.php to create a new application. You must be logged into Facebook to create an app.
2. Enter a name for your application in the Application Name field.
3. Accept the Developer Terms of Service, then click Save Changes.
4. On the Basic tab, keep all of the defaults, except enter a Callback URL. This URL should point to the top-level directory of the site which will be implementing Facebook Connect (this is your domain, e.g. http://www.example.com/modules/fbconnect/).
5. Take note of the API Key and Secret Key, you'll need them to enter Facebook Connect prefrences.
6. Click the Connect tab. You should include a logo that appears on the Facebook Connect dialog. Next to Facebook Connect Logo, click Change your Facebook Connect logo and browse to an image file. The logo can be up to 99 pixels wide by 22 pixels tall, and must be in JPG, GIF, or PNG format.
8. Click Save Changes.
That is it