Modules: WF-Channel 2.00 RC ReleasedPosted by: Catzwolfon 2007/12/19 21:17:43 5524 reads WF-Channel V2.00b RC
This version of WF-Channel is the final release candidate to iron out any remaining bugs, errors and final changes before a full production version.
This version has changed massively compared to the previous version and much of the code base has been split and moved into a separate module, but rather than a massive jump with the version number I have decided to increment it by one value instead.
WF-Resource is a WF-Framework (sorry about this) and will be used by many or the newer modules currently being written at this moment. This will help keep module sizes down and easier to update in the future. I normally hate frameworks, as most of this should be core but I have had no choice if i wish to progress further with the WF-Modules.
What is WF-Channel?
WF-Channel is a module to display ‘Misc’ pages on your website. This module is not a replacement for a content module, though it could be easily
used as such if required.
WF-Channel can also display a 'Link to US' and 'Refer' pages.
WF-Channel Change log
=> version 2.00b RC
- Added: Clone, save, and delete now update page permissions now. So if you clone an item the previous page permission are copied over.
- Removed: Removed the Cache folder as it is no longer required.
- Added: Main menu style block to blocks list.
- Added: View icon in Page list in admin area, user can now view any page via this method.
- Added: DHTML calendar within the refers admin area. Users can view refers sent by date rather than one great big list.
- Added: Added micro button to 'Link to Us' page.
- Added: Added the ability to add group permission while editing page.
- Added: Added pull down menu for page navigation, this allows you to dynamically change the amount of pages/refers shown on the page.
- Added: Added the ability to popular bookmark sites.
- Added: Added the ability to Bookmark pages.
- Added: Added the ability to print pages.
- Added: Added the ability to render PDF files.
- Added: Added the ability to view Refers in the admin area.
- Added: Added the ability to ban IP address from using the refer system.
- Added: Added legend to page and refers page.
- Fixed: Fixed missing language constants in admin menu.
- Fixed: Fixed Page content to stop displaying 'space at the top of content' when [pagebreak] is used.
- Fixed: Fixed page layout, menu top and bottom did not display correctly.
- Fixed: The admin menu was not displaying correctly.
- Fixed: Group Permission for pages was not working correctly.
- Fixed: Fixed issues with the updater and should work correctly.
- Fixed: Deleting paged caused an error, stating page does not exist. Now Corrected.
- Fixed: Captcha salt issue that could prevent emails being sent.
- Fixed: Image selection within the module.
- Fixed: Captcha not working without GD library now. Will only show if GD library is installed.
- Fixed: Image selection in Page form not allowing for ‘no’ image selection.
- Changed: Removed old edit, delete, and clone and view icons to newer versions.
- Changed: icons now use PNG format rather than gif. If you are still using a browser that cannot process alpha images, then upgrade.
- Changed: Removed the previous method of selecting images, now uses a xoopsform style class for better functionality
This method also allows for using 'image manager' for storing files. This will be introduced in the next version.
- Changed: Now using own handler function rather than Xoops handler function for better usage.
- Changed: Renamed all the ‘class’ files to use a prefix of class for proper naming convention.
- Changed: Moved class/php-captcha.inc.php and class/VeraMoBd.ttf to class/media/
- Changed: Renamed many/all functions and classes to use 'wfc' to prevent naming clashes with other modules.
- Changed: The ‘link to Us’ page has been changed to give a less than cluttered look.
- Changed: Moved Menu images to their own folder and deleted all blank.png images as they are no longer required.
- Changed: Image in page is no longer a required element.
- Changed: Images in html files are automatically updated to match imported html files.
- Changed: Html files can be anywhere on the server and just not in one folder.
- Changed: Changed the handler method for new block and now should be quicker than the previous version/s.
- Changed: Removed two hard coded language strings in Page Form.
Plus many more changes, bug fixes and additions.
WF-Channel requires WF-Resource to function correctly. Just install this module like you would another and forget about it until you are required to update it.
WF-Channel v2.00b RC
Bugs, Fixes and stuff
I would urge you guys to post bugs, fixes and feature request etc here at the Xoops forum for the time being, until I can get a proper website setup for WF-Projects.