Modules: Releas of umfrage 1.0Posted by: LupusCon 2007/11/8 2:00:00 9840 reads This module is an advancement of the existing xoopspoll module.
Why a new poll module?
During the test of xoopspoll with the blind voting it was soon clear that the blind voting has to be implemented for each poll and not globally. In addition it was confusing, that many links and buttons will result in actions that the user may not allowed. This is when the user has already voted or has not the rights for that action.
Why a german name for the module?
Why not? This will differentiate this module from other polls modules.
What are the new features?
* Three different voting types
o Normal voting, preliminary and final result always visible
o Blind voting, preliminary and final result not visible
o Blind voting, preliminary result not visible and final result visible
* Only hyperlinks that result in an allowed action are visible
* Only buttons that result in an allowed action are visible
* Presentation of the block is changeable via CSS
o #pollheader (Question of the poll)
o .polleven (even rows of options)
o .pollodd (odd rows of options)
o .pollfooter (footer of the poll)
* Text changes in the Block
o When a poll is not over, the bottons and links to the current result are named "Current Standings"
o When a poll is over, the bottons and links to current result are named "Final Result"
* If the poll owner gets a mail at the end of the poll the final result is included in the mail.
* The generation of the poll owner after the end of the poll is done when the summaries of the polls are shown.
* Optional removal of polls at the end of the vote from the front block
* End time of poll can be shown in the front block
* When creating or editing polls, the title can be entered in a textarea
* When creating or editing polls, the description is no longer mandatory
* Reworking of the templates
Report Bugs at: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=208418&atid=1005616
Feature Requests at: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=208418&atid=1005619
Wolfgang Murth (LupusC)