Modules: Release of SmartSection 1.0.2 BetaPosted by: marcanon 2005/9/8 16:47:20 6392 reads The SmartFactory is proud to release version 1.0.2 of its articles management module : SmartSection 1.0.2 Beta ! What is SmartSection? SmartSection is a section management module for your XOOPS site. It is intended to provide the best functionnalities of the News and WF-Section modules. The administrator would have the opportunity to use the module to manage news, article, tutorials, etc... It is intended to be complete, flexible and yet easy to use.
The module supports subcategories, has a fully integrated permissions system as well as a complete notifications system.
Made for XOOPS 2.0.x Series
Please note that the 1.0.x series of SmartSection are not to be installed on XOOPS 2.2.x series. For more information please read this FAQ.
What's in version 1.0.2 ?
Version 1.0.2 introduces some new functionnalities :
- duplicating an article
- implementation of group permissions to allow article submission by category
- users can now edit their own article
- the add file form is now managed by template
- uploaded files can now be set active or inactive. If inactive, they won't be display on the user side
- a check box has been added to the file upload form to allow another file upload just after hiting the submit button
- Imlementation of MimeTypes management, based on xHelp, thanks to 3Dev
- Article can now be outputed in PDF format
- Adding the file clone.txt explaining how to clone the module
- many bug fixes
Where can I get it ?
Carefully read the file upgrade.txt as it contains important informations about the steps that need to be performed in order to successfully upgrade to this version.
You can download the module here : SmartSection1.0.2 Beta.
The language packs are available here : SmartSection Language Packs.
As usual, any comments, bugs or suggestion are welcomed on the SmartSection Support Forum.