Official Mods: Newbb 2.0 RC1 availablePosted by: Anonymouson 2004/9/28 6:00:00 27564 reads The Xoops Project is pleased to give you the Release Candidate 1 of the
The Newbb 2.0 Rc1 is totally rewritten and comes with some extra features.
Short feature list:
- New Permission System
- New Admin Interface
- Reorder Categories, Forums and Subforums
- Attachments ( setable to show Pic`s directly )
- Add Poll to Topic
- Prune System
- Digest System
- Experience Levelsystem
- Rate a Thread Function
- Editing and deleting can have a timelimit.
- Post setable to Post only after a Timelimit ( next post i.e. 30 sec from same User )
- Moderate a Group ( POst need to be approved before displaying )
- Choice between Realname or Nickname ( sugesstion from herve )
- Page Title Hack by Xoops-France included
- Fulltext Notification
- Topic Subject Prefix
- In Blocks you can select which Forum or Forums to display
- Print Thread
- RSS Feed
- collapsing Categories and Fastreply Box ( Cookie will remember Position )
- all the Mark read stuff
- Disclaimer ( Choose to display Reply / Post / Both / None )
- reply first before seeing the other replies
Most Features are of course setable in the Module config and/or Forum config.
- new Layout using PNG instead of GIF`s ( 96% is converted )
- Popup menus
- Templates are xhtml 1.0 validated
Digest in NewBB 2.0
What is digest?
Digests are a special type of topics chosen/marked by moderators. These topics are usually highly valuable and can be viewed through 'view digest post' in the forum, as well as being sent to subscribers though PM or emails.
How is the digest handled in NewBB 2.0 ?
A. sending digest: if $xoopsModuleConfig['email_digest'] is set to 1 (daily) or 2 (weekly), the digest will be sent out by calling newbb/digest.php
Note: it is suggested to use cronjob for automatically sending out digest for the current version of newbb
B. prompt: the webmasters(moderators) are notified from the newbb/admin/index.php by being indicated the due time to send out the digest according to the set preference
C. managing sent digests: sent digests can be viewed or deleted from newbb/admin/admin_digest.php