Sykoii
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_dummy.html" in file class/smarty/
  • 2005/1/19 23:51

• Sykoii

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

I just recently used cPanel's 'transfer accounts' option, to transfer my site from my old server, to my new server - and, for some reason, none of the content is showing anymore.

You can take a look, here:http://www.tatsumaki-online.com/ .

As you can see, I turned on debug mode (By hand, through phpMyAdmin), and this returns:

Quote:

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:myalbum_block_topnews_p.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:xhld0_block_rss.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_dummy.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_dummy.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_login.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: dmlen in file modules/donations/blocks/Donat_o_Meter.php line 63
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: rowRecordset2 in file modules/donations/blocks/Donat_o_Meter.php line 120
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:donations_donatometer.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084

I don't quite understand this; all other sites, including forums - work fine, so its not a php.ini configuration problem, or a MySQL problem - I reloaded an older, working version of the database and all the old files - but that still doesn't fix it.

What else could it be? Has anyone seen this error before?

Edit: I foundhttps://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=286 - and made sure all of my permissions were set to the correct permissions, and they were - which doesn't surprise me, as cPanel transfer copies every last bit of data down to the permissions.

m0nty
Re: Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_dummy.html" in file class/smarty/
  • 2005/1/20 0:05

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

it might be to do with ur database character set when u updated/moved servers..

u may need to change the set depending on the version of MySQL u are using..

read this thread here and u might understand a bit more :)

Sykoii
Re: Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_dummy.html" in file class/smarty/
  • 2005/1/20 0:32

• Sykoii

• Just popping in

Erm... What thread?

m0nty
  • 2005/1/20 4:49

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

oops sorry

This Thread

Sykoii
  • 2005/1/20 5:04

• Sykoii

• Just popping in

Thanks: But I'd prefer to not have to reload... my.cnf isn't configured, and I can't remember how to change a table's character set... :(

I actually am just doing this so the site will be up for another day or two, as I am moving away from Xoops, but need to get some content from the site; so basically: Even if the fix lags the hell out of the server, it will work for what I need.

Sykoii
  • 2005/1/22 3:04

• Sykoii

• Just popping in

Anyone? Anyone at all

nghia
  • 2005/1/23 8:22

• nghia

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/23

Help me, I got the same problem
When I create new block, the result is only block title but have no content. The warning is: Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_dummy.html" in file C:\hshome\acc257\ria1.org\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1084

One more thing is when I preview the block, it can not done and return to the Administration menu.

Any help would be appreciated.
My site is: ria1.org
Thanks, Nghia

Sykoii
  • 2005/1/28 19:54

• Sykoii

• Just popping in

Hate to do this, but once again - Bump... Have tried several other things, and I still can't seem to get this to work.

Sykoii
  • 2005/2/3 21:36

• Sykoii

• Just popping in

Bump again; still have yet to figure this out.

smshuja
  • 2005/2/5 17:12

• smshuja

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/17

have you checked the main file for root path? the installed path on the new server might be different.
change that and go to admin and update the system module.

Shuja Shabandri

Login

Who's Online

105 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 105

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits