zzznn
Need help with multi-menu.
  • 2004/1/7 4:08

• zzznn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/5 2

Ok i installed and its working, but when i to put the download and the links module's links into one of the block, i just have the main menu, i dont have the sub menu (like : most popular download,...)
How do i do to have those sub at the same spot like in the normal menu?
Thanks.

zzznnn

Chado
Re: Need help with multi-menu.
  • 2004/1/7 7:32

• Chado

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/6 7

I don't use multi-menu, but I have tried it out and I don't think it does submenus.

Does anyone know how to make submenus with code? I would love to be able to make my own. I can do it with just a flat menu just fine, but how can I add submenus in there?

Thanks!
Chad

svaha
  • 2004/1/7 8:42

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

multimenu has no submenu. Just 4 menublocks you can place on your site.
Imo the easyest way to produce menu wit submenu is by choosing from Dynamic drive or choose a tigra menu.
Aloha

kahumbu
  • 2004/1/7 12:08

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

For flat menus (I hope I understand this correctly), creating a custom block patterned after the main menu block can be done.

The important point to take note is the class of the <a href>. For submenus the class should be "menuSub".

Here's a sample:

<a href="http://siteurl/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=13" class="menuSub">Link of Text here</a>

This is applicable only if you use the default template and style sheet settings.

Mithrandir

Just a note to that, Kahumbu: AFAIK the <td> containing the links should be of class='mainmenu' and you'll need the first <a href> to be of class='menuTop' - after that, you can make 'menuMain' and 'menuSub' items

kahumbu
  • 2004/1/7 13:13

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Yes, thanks, Mithrandir. Forgot to add that. That <td> 'mainmenu' class is important and essential because of the way the class 'menuSub' is declared in the style sheet.

I would also suggest to those who would like to make flat menus to look into the way the User Menu is html coded and the css classes used. You can see that you can vary the way the User Menu looks from the Main Menu (Community) just from the style sheet.

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits