ryana
PostNuke to XOOPS conversion
  • 2003/4/28 10:58

• ryana

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/9 6

Yes, I know this question was asked before. The information link given, however, is dead. There are two questions that I have:

1) Through searching I have seen that a PostNuke to XOOPS script would be provided in the full release. Since XOOPS is now at v2.0.2 (stable) it must be a full release. I do not see a conversion script in the package. Am I missing something?

2) If there are no conversion scripts, the only thing that would give me a problem is use passwords. Does PN & XOOPS encrypt the passwords in the same manner? If I simply import the PN user passwords into the XOOPS password field, would they work?

chapi
Re: PostNuke to XOOPS conversion
  • 2003/4/28 11:17

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

You can download the Conversion Template from Boobtoob here:

https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=204

This was built for converting data from Postnuke 7.1x to XOOPS 3.0x. But maybe it is a good starting point for you.

ryana
  • 2003/4/28 11:59

• ryana

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/9 6

This function Quote:
// Do the users table - exclude any user that would overwrite XOOPS admin's
function BuildUserTable() {
global $fromdb, $todb;
//$altertable="ALTER TABLE `boardjive_users` CHANGE `pn_user_regdate` `pn_user_regdate` TIMESTAMP";
//$result = mysql_query($altertable);
$sql = "INSERT INTO ".$todb.".xoops_users (uid, name, uname, email, url, user_avatar, user_regdate, user_icq, user_from, user_sig, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, pass, user_intrest, user_occ)
SELECT pn_uid, pn_name, pn_uname, pn_email, pn_url, pn_user_avatar, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(NOW()) as pn_user_regdate, pn_user_icq, pn_user_from, pn_user_sig, pn_user_viewemail, pn_user_aim, pn_user_yim, pn_user_msnm, pn_pass, pn_user_intrest, pn_user_occ
FROM ".$fromdb.".boardjive_users";
// WHERE ".$fromdb.".pn_users.uid <> '110'";
$delete=True;
$tbname=$todb.".xoops_users";
DoTable($delete, $sql, $tbname);
//echo $sql;
}

...would seems to indicate that inserting postnuke.pn_pass into xoops.pass will work without any problems. That's what I needed to know. Thanks!

phatty
  • 2004/5/22 22:07

• phatty

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/9 2

Hi Gang,

I REALLY want to convert my postnuke site to xoops. The biggest thing for me is members and the forums. Has anyone done any more work in this area? If there were a full fledged converter I'm sure many folks would make the switch over.

Jeff

intel352
  • 2004/5/22 22:12

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

chapi, i've seen XOOPS 3 mentioned a few times, where is it available from?

davidl2
  • 2004/5/22 23:20

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I suspect they mean RC3.

phatty
  • 2004/5/23 4:41

• phatty

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/9 2

So nobody knows of a true conversion that works for postnuke to xoops???

Jeff

intel352
  • 2004/5/23 4:50

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

using the one that chapi posted, i'm modifying it for NSN-Nuke, and afterwards i'll do PHP-Nuke (prolly just v6.8, since that's what my clan's site is running)

i'll do the same for postnuke for you, for a nominal fee, otherwise you can use the script chapi posted a link to (modify it to match your database info), or wait for me to get around to modifying the script to work with postnuke and the current version of xoops

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits