cecadm
XOOPS 2.5.11 session handling too strict?
  • Today 13:45

• cecadm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/4/30

2.5.10 test - always logged in
------------
install xoops 2.5.10

from PC or from tablet or android phone
open a browser
do the xoops login
open another tab copy and paste any link from the same xoops website => the login is still valid, you are still logged in
open another browser window (maybe this just from PC), copy and paste any link from the same xoops website => the login is still valid, you are still logged in

still in the same browser open whatsapp web,
copy paste the link of the installed xoops and then click it
the browser will open a new tab with xoops site and you are still logged in

whatsapp is an example I did it also with other apps that will open a browser with that link (where I'm already logged in in another tab) and it works, you are still logged in.

2.5.11 test - not always logged in
------------
install xoops 2.5.11

from PC (same result as in 2.5.10)
open a browser
do the xoops login
open another tab copy and paste any link from the same xoops website => the login is still valid, you are still logged in
open another window (maybe this just from PC), same browser, copy and paste any link from the same xoops website => the login is still valid, you are still logged in

from android phone - here is the difference
I open a tab, do the login, good
if I open another tab and copy paste the same link... I'm not logged in anymore, moreover I am logged out in the first tab too...

PC/android phone with whatsapp (or whatsapp web) or other app that will open a link - here is the difference
I already did the login in xoops in a browser if in the same browser I open whatsapp and copy paste my xoops link and then click there... the link opened is not logged in and I'm logged out in the first tab
if I use any app that open a browser with a link even if there is a tab where I already did the login the new tab with the link it will be not logged in

I can understand that in 2.5.11 the session control is different and maybe more strict,
how can I have the session behaviour of 2.5.10 in 2.5.11?

regards
Carlo

Login

Who's Online

445 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 445

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits