timgno
Xoops.org re-designed
  • 2016/1/18 10:22

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Do you agree on a fix with the new site design for xoops.org, with a nice theme with bootstrap?

An idea everyone could help!!!

Dante7237
Re: Xoops.org re-designed
  • 2016/1/18 13:06

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/5/28

Sounds good.
It wouldn't be a bad thing to clean up the modules repository, and add currently "working" modules/module packs.

It would eliminate the waste of time that happens when people install the latest XOOPS version and try to get any of those outdated modules to work with it.
If they are outdated, orphaned, non-functional they should be on GIT so people can work on them.
Only stable/current modules out of alpha/beta should be offered here.

imho..

Mamba
  • 2016/1/19 9:40

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Any volunteers to help with it?

We are currently moving the development to GitHub, and once it's done, we would update the existing Module Repository, or come up with something different.

In the meantime, if somebody would like take over the task, please let us know...

Reg. the theme on www.xoops.org, personally for me, it is not an emergency, since it works, and we have more urgent issues. I was thinking about a new theme for the launch of XOOPS 2.6.0...

But as always, if somebody wants to volunteer and lead the effort to change the theme now, please go ahead and do it. We alwasy appreciate help and volunteers! And if the theme is better than what we currently have, why not?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

timgno
  • 2016/1/21 12:20

• timgno

• Module Developer

Doing a web search, I found this site that could help with ideas to start a small project, maybe it can help someone.

timgno
  • 2016/1/25 13:21

• timgno

• Module Developer

To start with a good idea, we need to expose a layout, Mamba first, which could show us more ideal for xoops theme of today and tomorrow.

Mamba
  • 2016/1/25 16:02

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
To start with a good idea, we need to expose a layout, Mamba first, which could show us more ideal for xoops theme of today and tomorrow.

As I said before, if somebody wants to volunteer and lead the effort to change the theme now, please go ahead and do it. We always appreciate help and volunteers!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

brutalicuss

I think that the current theme is not bad, really.
My personal opinion about any responsive design is that its not suitable for multicontent, multitext and big info site at all. Responsive design is for presentation sites, designer, pictures, videos and etc.
One new theme is very very hard work, not just from volunteers, needed real professionals :)

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits