RamteamJax
ExtGallery -> no upload button for users ??
  • 2014/2/3 11:56

• RamteamJax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/6/17

Hey there,

I was wondering, since the changelog says so, where the upload button for members is in this module ..

At first I used the 2012 version of ExtGallery and didn't find it there, so I let members send their pictures by mail after which I would upload them myself. But due to lack of time, I want users to be able to upload pictures themselves.

So when I went to the module repository on xoops.org, I found an updated version of ExtGallery. Removed the old one from the modules-list on my website, removed it from the ftp client, did some maintanence using that function, uploaded the new ExtGallery module, installed it, added permissions (especially those allowing users to upload their pictures without approval etc), but still, there is NO upload button for webmasters and members.

So I would like to know what I'm doing wrong.

Also, the TAG option doesn't work. Whenever I hit the button to 'download and install' necessary files, it tells me the TAG-module is installed, but the module itself is not. Also manually adding the tag-option isn't working (in fact it results in destroying the whole website).

Please help me out here, as I'm not able to find out what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Jax

Cesagonchu
Re: ExtGallery -> no upload button for users ??

The best thing to do for now is to put the site in maintenance and restore the old version of the module.

When you update a module, do not uninstall it. You need to overwrite the files on the FTP and update the module from the administration.
If you uninstall a module, you delete all module informations in the database.

You must also update the module System.

I hope you backed up your database. Always save before any changes (ftp and database).

Then, if you want us to resolve bugs, please specify your module and Xoops version, php version, etc..

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits