Mamba
PhpStorm 7.0 released
  • 2013/10/23 0:55

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Resized Image

PhpStorm is probably the best IDE for PHP development, and they just released a new version: PhpStorm 7.0:

The new major update of PhpStorm keeps you up with latest PHP & web languages trends, integrates a variety of modern tools, and brings even more extensibility with support for major PHP frameworks:

- PHP language support: PHP 5.5, improved PHP syntax coloring for various constructs, type inference and PHPDoc improvements, new refactorings (Move Static Member and Extract Interface), new inspections and quick-fixes.
- Built-in tools: Vagrant, built-in SSH console & remote tools, local terminal, support for even more command line tools (Zend Framework 2 Tool, tools based on Symfony Console such as Laravel and Doctrine, and Drush for Drupal), and Google App Engine for PHP.
- Debugging and testing: debugger configuration validation, debugging with Smart Step Into, PHPUnit on Server improvements.
- Frameworks and plugins: built-in support for Drupal; 3rd-party plugins for Symfony and other frameworks are updated for PhpStorm 7.

PhpStorm 7 also brings a brand new web toolkit:

- Different JavaScript templates (EJS, Mustache, Handlebars) & Web Components support.
- Support for modern stylesheets: Stylus and Compass.
- JavaScript and Node.js: JavaScript Karma test runner and the istanbul code coverage engine, integrated node package manager npm.
- Major changes in Live Edit and JavaScript Debugging.

This release inherits many features and improvements recently made to the IntelliJ Platform, including GitHub pull requests from the IDE, database and SQL improvements, presentation and full screen view for all platforms, and more.

For more details please read What's new in PhpStorm 7 and download the IDE for your operating system.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

killraven
Re: PhpStorm 7.0 released
  • 2014/2/6 16:24

• killraven

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/10/1

Hi,
I've used PHPStorm 7.1 Code Inspection and found 69.529 issues on Xoops 2.5.6...
I know that many issues are not important (I have experience with fortify) but such a number could hide real issues...

I wonder if it could be possibile to clean code in order to lesser the number of issues... do you think this is a good idea or maybe is it better to spend time in other more important problems?

Mamba
Re: PhpStorm 7.0 released
  • 2014/2/6 21:08

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

We're using PhpStorm too, so we're using the Inspections as well. XOOPS 2.5.6 contains some older code that runs perfectly fine, but it will be flagged by Inspections, like some of the deprecated HTML parameters, or having closing PHP tags, etc. There are also tons of issues reported because of a bug in PhpStorm that doesn't recognize our Smarty tag that is "<{ }>". I have reported the bug with them, but it is still not fixed And of course, there are also external libraries that we use, which also report tons of issues for the same reasons that I've mentioned above. The bottom line is that there are many cosmetic issues, but no reason to worry It is much better to test the XOOPS 2.6.0 from GitHub because there has been done a lot of code clean-up, removing old code and replacing it with the current methods/functions. Our goal is to make XOOPS code fully PSR-2 compliant, and HTML5/CSS3 compatible.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits