vmax2extreme
blogs?

Is there such a module that can be added to XOOPS 2.5.6 that will simulate a blog type page?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.....

xoobaru
Re: blogs?
  • 2013/8/22 14:46

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

xPressMe is a module that integrates Wordpress with XOOPS. It is being used successfully with 2.5.6. Even if you have a semi-recent version, you can automatically update both the module and Wordpress within the modules admin interface. You can use Wordpress themes or XOOPS standard theme (so it looks lie the rest of your XOOPS site) with this so it is flexible.

Mamba or Cesag might be able to point you to the most recent download URL in the SVN, I searched and only came up with OOOOLD releases.

Anonymous
  • 2013/8/22 15:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

xPressMe can be found here. It's a Japanese site but the download links can be identified

But apart from that... What's wrong with using the regular xoops news module for blogging?

vmax2extreme

I am not familiar with that so need to see how it incorporates into the site...

xoobaru
  • 2013/8/22 16:39

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

But apart from that... What's wrong with using the regular xoops news module for blogging?

News is a nice module. WordPress gives you access to using lots themes and thousands of plugins that will work under the XOOPS integration so your blog can look like it is the BBC or the New York Times, advertisements, or even the Dutch Marijuana Cafe Gazette .

Downside: it is more susceptible to WordPress hack exploits.

Anonymous
  • 2013/8/22 22:28

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
WordPress gives you access to using lots themes and thousands of plugins that will work under the XOOPS integration so your blog can look like it is the BBC or the New York Times, advertisements, or even the Dutch Marijuana Cafe Gazette

You are right, for a solely blogging site WP is the cms to choose. But integrating another cms as a module in xoops has a downside: will it support future WP updates? Is this module still compatible after a xoops core update? Will the module developer update this module till the end of times? Personally I would take a xoops module when adding a blog to an existing xoops website, it maybe less fancy but is more future proof I guess.

xoobaru
  • 2013/8/23 0:21

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

All valid points. Care to be on which one he selects?

xoobaru
  • 2013/8/23 22:20

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

One of the things I forgot to mention is that the xpressme implementations does inherit the users avatar, or allow an avatar to display. I have tried a few plugins and it still don't display.

I'll tickle this thread again when I do figure out how.

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits