vmax2extreme
Registration challenge questions?

version: XOOPS 2.5.6
user profile: 1.85

I have created two new fields (ex-question_1 & question_2) which now show up in my basic registration process and are required. What I want to do is to be able to have these show up in the admin activation email that is sent for approval. What is the name of this email form and what changes would be necessary to include these two field responses in the notification email to further validate the approvals?

Thanks in advance...

vmax2extreme
Re: Registration challenge questions?

For now until I can get the email submission information to move forward, where is this data stored when a new user signs up so I can still validate the answers?

redheadedrod

Make sure you have installed the version of profile that was included in the version of xoops you are running. Any other versions can not be assured to work properly. We have a developer that releases a heavily modified version of the same module that tends to be full of bugs and he can be hard to deal with so you are best off using the version provided with the xoops you are running. (hopefully 2.5.6)

The email sends you the name of the user and you will have to go to profile and list the user from the admin menu. It is a pain but the only way I am aware to do this at this time.

To actually change the message that is send to the admin you will want to modify the code that can be found in modules\profile\register.php .

Without going through and spending the next few hours working out the details myself you should find the code you want after about line 200 in the file. You will find details for all three different activations and I believe the one you would be looking for are for option 2.

In the version included in my 2.5.5. xoops install you will look for it after this line:

261              } else if ($GLOBALS['xoopsConfigUser']['activation_type'] == 2) {

That would be the start of the activation for the admin. It goes through and sets up things for the email to send out.

Without messing with the code and trying different things I am unsure how the code works but this should give you a great head start on it.

xoobaru
  • 2013/7/30 16:17

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

And don't forget to make backup copies of the originals and keep in a separate location before attempting to work on them. That way you can always change the file back if you find that your installation no longer works after you make changes.

vmax2extreme

Unfortunately I am not savvy enough to alter this code. I have created a work around to have the complimentary page have validation questions. I still would like to have the email notifications sent with the questions making it a few less steps for activation. If the email notification had the validation questions, then its easy as a click of the button to activate them over currently having to login and look at each profile to validate.

Unfortunately this modification to code is above my expertise here....

Login

Who's Online

280 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 280

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits