RamteamJax
Don't have permission etc / version 2.5.6 (read before rage)
  • 2013/6/22 9:38

• RamteamJax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/6/17

Hi there.

First off, I've searched half the internet on this issue, but can't find a satisfying solution to my issue.

I run the website www.ramteam.eu. We've got quite some registered users who check in occasionally. Forum isn't active, but that's not our goal at the moment (we're a gaming cq DJ community).

The thing I'm stumbling upon, is the fact that half the time I want to access a users page via the base system (not via the admin page), it tells me that I have no permission to access that page, saying:
- "Sorry, you don't have permission to access this area"

Also, lots of our members complain they cannot access half the pages in the topmenu. For instance, the 'IRC CHAT' link is inaccessable for éveryone but me. Even for all the other administrators.

I am the owner/first registered user on the website.

I've been working with XOOPS for a couple of years now, and this has never happened to me. I wonder what's wrong ..

I upgraded the website to 2.5.6. today, as I read somewhere on this website (I think it even was in the 2.3.x subforum) that upgrading to the newest version could fix the issue. But seemingly it doesn't.

I would like to get some help. We've got a spare adminaccount set up, so if anyone could help me via TS3 or Skype, then please do so ..We (the staff) feel that some of our visitors turn away to other sites, because they can't access half the website. Our TS3 details: "ramteam.clancommunity.nl:9989" (no pass).

Thanks a lot for any future help !!

Cheers,
Jax

RamteamJax
Re: Don't have permission etc / version 2.5.6 (read before rage)
  • 2013/6/27 22:46

• RamteamJax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/6/17

No one ? I can't find the solution. Please help !

redheadedrod

You need to mention the version of PHP and MySQL that you are using.

You also need to mention what modules and versions you are using.

I just accessed your site but did not register to get on and I could access every menu fine.

I suspect you need to look at your permission settings for the groups.

dbman
  • 2013/6/28 4:21

• dbman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/4/28

Quote:
Also, lots of our members complain they cannot access half the pages in the topmenu. For instance, the 'IRC CHAT' link is inaccessable for éveryone but me. Even for all the other administrators.

Your IRC iframe looks ok to me, unless you mean the IRC login is failing. If so, the issue is with the page loading in the iframe:

Resized Image

Your TS3 iframe from gametracker is showing correctly for me also so it doesn't appear to be an issue with your site configuration. Ask your members to ensure the correct settings are enabled in their chosen browser.

As rod mentions please provide details regarding your server and xoops environment. This is key to troubleshooting your issues.

Post your specific issues separately and clearly, folks are more apt to respond to 'Iframe issue' than '(read before rage)'

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits