wishcraft
Unit Testing on Apache 2.2.4 & PHP 5.4 (64 Bit) - Modules so far

The following modules have been tested on PHP 5.4 (64Bit) and Apache 2.4.4. They have been run without produce any base level errors, I will be going through all of my modules over the next few weeks and publishing forum posts for them.. When you see them on the SVN they are ready! please report any bugs here in the forums so I can address them.

My apologies over being a deadbeat forum post over the last 5 months, i have been ill from neurotoxic reaction in my blood to the way my metabolism breaks down stuff randomly and they lock to random proteins, not as they are designed. Was in hospital for a number of months being stabilized.

Following modules have been Unit Tested:

Profile 1.91 for XOOPS 2.5

* GRAVATAR
* SpeedTest (Require Speedtest module)
* Regional Registration (Require www.ipinfodb.com API Key)
* oAuth2 Application

Unit tested on Apache 2.2.4 and PHP 5.4 (64 Bit)

Download:http://code.google.com/p/chronolabs2/downloads/detail?name=xoops2.5_profile_1.91.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges

Donations Cart for XPayment program for XOOPS 2.5

Download:http://code.google.com/p/chronolabs2/downloads/detail?name=xoops2.5_donations_1.05.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges

Benchmarking program for XOOPS 2.5

Download:http://code.google.com/p/chronolabs2/downloads/detail?name=xoops2.5_benchmark_1.10.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges

Flowplayer 1.17 for XOOPS 2.5

Flowplayer program for XOOPS 2.5, used in conjunction with other modules for Streaming TV, IPTV and other sources. Use with VS or Gigs to stream content and sell tickets.

Download:http://code.google.com/p/chronolabs2/downloads/detail?name=xoops2.5_flowplayer_1.17.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges

Genealogy Biographer program for XOOPS 2.5

Download:http://code.google.com/p/chronolabs2/downloads/detail?name=xoops2.5_genobio_1.17.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges

Mamba
Re: Unit Testing on Apache 2.2.4 & PHP 5.4 (64 Bit) - Modules so far
  • 2013/5/27 8:34

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Simon, please rename your "Profile" module to something else.

"Profile" module is an official module supported by XOOPS. We've had already too many issues in the past where people were installing your module thinking that it was an official module, and then getting upset about bugs.

That was one of the reasons why we've updated the version in XOOPS 2.5.6 to 1.85, so it would be the latest one.

Now you're coming with version 1.91 of your Profile?

With this we'll be back to the confusion of our users.

Therefore, please rename it to something else. I would strongly suggest to all developers to start using a consistent prefixes to their modules, e.g. wishProfile. If you make all of your modules "cloneable", the users will be able to rename it to whatever they want, but at least there will be no name conflicts with other modules.

Thanks for your understanding.

One more thing - when you say that the modules where "Unit Tested", can you include your tests with the modules, so we can run the tests as well? Also, could you explain your methodology, so maybe we could use it in other modules too?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wishcraft

Sure no worries, got any request... shouldn't have any bugs people just have userbility issues, like there theme erroring the redirection and needing to subsistute redirect_header for header('Location: ' . $url);

Got any suggestions for a new name for the profile module?

wishcraft

Most of these modules have been put into runtime on commerical sites, so they are well tested, I am just going through them and cleaning up any errors that are occuring in the GNU releases.. With the XOOPS Debugger.. Seeming I don't have fancy HTML Errors like the one you where showing..

How did you go with Xortify.. Could you download agaion and test?

Mamba
  • 2013/5/27 10:32

• Mamba

Quote:
Most of these modules have been put into runtime on commerical sites, so they are well tested, I am just going through them and cleaning up any errors that are occuring in the GNU releases..

Then this is not a "PHPUnit Testing"

Check out this tutorial and this one.

You might also check this tutorial on PHPUnit and Selenium using NetBeans

When we talked, I was hoping you'll set PHPUnit tests for your modules, which we could use as examples for other modules.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mamba
  • 2013/5/27 10:33

• Mamba

Just prefix all your modules with something consistent, like "wish":

- wishProfile
- wishForums

etc.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

redheadedrod

Yup, unit testing is a whole different thing... And unit testing is only as good as the tests setup.

You really should be releasing your versions as Beta or RC here, regardless if your modules have been tested on 5 or 10 different sites. Every module you have released to this site has had bugs making them pretty much worthless until they are fixed. By not releasing them here as beta you are hurting your reputation.

If you want to repair the reputation you have already built for yourself you really should be releasing any of these to the public as betas and going from there. Only making them final once you have had an RC with no reported bugs.

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits