Mamba
Userpage 1.6 Beta 1 available for testing
  • 2013/3/11 13:28

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Userpage 1.6 Beta 1 available for testing and feedback

What is Userpage ?
Originally created by Hervet, with Userpage, your registered users can create their own page (for example their biography).
Once they have created their page, it can be viewed by other users (and it can be commented too)

Complete features list
- Users can create their own page
- Users can see someone else page and a list of all the pages
- You can activate RSS feeds to list the recent pages
- For each user's page, you have a printable and a PDF version.
- The module gives you 3 blocks : Last pages, Top viewed pages, Random pages
- The 3 blocks provide you an "on the fly" method so that you can use the blocks as many times as you want
- Users pages can be commented
- In the module's options, you can select if you want to activate HTML, RSS feeds (and the text's length), you can also select the date's format and you can select to use Editor.

Limitations
For this moment users can only create one page

Download: SourceForge File Repository
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Dante7237
Re: Userpage 1.6 Beta 1 available for testing
  • 2013/3/11 14:47

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/5/28

I'd like to see the efforts on this, and on Smallworld to be combined, as they are essentially the same type of module with slightly different attributes.

Thoughts?

Mamba
  • 2013/3/11 15:00

• Mamba

Why would you see them as the same?

If you don't want to have any "Social Networking", but only offer a "Personal Page", you would use Userpage.

If you want "Social Networking" between members, you would use Smallworld.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Anonymous
  • 2013/3/11 15:59

• Anonymous

• Since:

I agree with Mamba. I love the easiness and simplicity of the userpage module, I have used it before but without the need for social networking stuff.

Merging functionality in one 'complex' module also can give problems in future. Who can update and maintain it in case a module is abandoned by the original developer?

Dante7237
  • 2013/3/11 17:29

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/5/28

Ok, "perhaps" my motive was a bit selfish, as Userpage has a couple of features I'd like to see implemented in Smallworld.

But the page feed, is well done in Smallworld. And there are other similarities between the modules that cooperation between the two sets of developers would result in better modules all around. IMHO

xoobaru
  • 2013/3/12 21:07

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Smallworld is all or nothing. If someone is your friend, they can access profile, content and images. But if not all they can see is your avatar, period. They have no way of telling what you are about as there is no provision by which someone can dangle some advo out there that might make someone interested in becoming your friend. That is where I think a featurebox like this would be nicely integrated to smallworld.

Culex recently said he was working on code for a similar feature, or was it for public commenting?

This will still make a nice addition to the profile for users who want that in regular mode.

Does it display the users avatar? Last module I tried like this was pretty plain, nothing but text.

Mamba
  • 2013/3/12 21:18

• Mamba

Quote:
Last module I tried like this was pretty plain, nothing but text.

Are you talking about Userpage?

The Userpage module can have HTML Editor enabled (it's up to the Admin), i.e. the user can add links to pictures, videos, etc.

If not, then we need to start a new thread
Support XOOPS => DONATE

xoobaru
  • 2013/3/12 22:52

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Thank you. Yes I was talking about Userpage. The related Smallworld thread already exists. I'm just wating to hear from Culex so he can claim his $125,000 bounty.

Not

xoobaru
  • 2013/3/13 15:27

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

The Userpage module can have HTML Editor enabled (it's up to the Admin), i.e. the user can add links to pictures, videos, etc.

Be nice if the user could upload images to the page. From what I see, they can hotlink to images on a third party server such as Flickr, those already on the site, or upload somehow with admin in the loop. Not criticism, just observations.

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits