Cifug
All content is Server Time not Local Time??
  • 2013/1/27 23:15

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/12/13

Hi, for some reason all content on my website is timestamped with server time and not local time. I have set the server time and local time in preferences and local time in my profile and this doesn't seam to make any difference.

Shouldn't the website output the local time rather than the server time?

I'm using:
Xoops 2.5.5
Apache 2.2.23
MySQL 5.0.96-community
PHP 5.3.17
News 1.6.7
ExtCal 2.24
Profile 1.63
AMS 3

Thanks,
Marty.

irmtfan
Re: All content is Server Time not Local Time??
  • 2013/1/28 4:37

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

we have server time setted in "General setting" and Local time that each users can select in his profile.
you can set a default timezone for users then it should return the local time (Default timezone) setted in "General setting" for users that dont select a time zone themselves.

it should work.

do you mean the display time is not changed when you change the local time zone in your profile?

Cifug
  • 2013/1/28 7:08

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Quote:
irmtfan wrote:
we have server time setted in "General setting" and Local time that each users can select in his profile.
you can set a default timezone for users then it should return the local time (Default timezone) setted in "General setting" for users that dont select a time zone themselves.

I have set these settings correctly.

Quote:
it should work.

I agree.

Quote:
do you mean the display time is not changed when you change the local time zone in your profile?

That's correct.

I have server time set to -5hrs and default time set to +10hrs and my profile time set to +10hrs

When I create a new news article the default publish time is 15 hours earlier than my local time which is server time and if I don't adjust it it will output as posted on "server time". If I manually adjust the publish time to my local time the article won't publish for another 15 hours or until server time catches up with my local time.

Cheers,
Marty.

Cifug
  • 2013/1/28 22:04

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Could this be a server setting rather than a website specific setting?

Mamba
  • 2013/1/28 22:47

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I have server time set to -5hrs and default time set to +10hrs and my profile time set to +10hrs

Try to set them all the same, and see if it makes a difference.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

irmtfan
  • 2013/1/29 3:17

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

Humm
that really strange. It should work.
I mean when you submit a news the "publish date" must change whenever you change the local time zone in your profile.
please submit a news and then change your local timezone in your profile.
I mean maybe your are wrong about the correct server time but you should be able to change the local time to correct that mistake for yourself. in the other words you just can play with local time zone and change it between -12 and +12

after all please confirm that it will not change the "publish date".

Cifug
  • 2013/1/29 10:29

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Quote:
Mamba wrote:
Try to set them all the same, and see if it makes a difference.

Hi Mamba, this is very strange, I changed the 3 settings all to -5 and the website posted -15hrs. I then changed the 3 settings to +10hrs and the website again posted -15hrs.

I then set the server time to -5hrs, the default time to -5hrs and my profile time to +10hrs and it worked. The website is now posting in my time zone. I then changed my profile time to -9hrs and the post time changed accordingly...AWESOME!!

I still however have the problem of a guest seeing an incorrect post time if they have not set their correct time zone in their profile.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Marty.

xoobaru
  • 2013/1/29 15:11

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Quote:

I still however have the problem of a guest seeing an incorrect post time if they have not set their correct time zone in their profile.

Any ideas?

I think you answered your own question.

Have them set their correct time zone in their profile.

irmtfan
  • 2013/1/31 3:58

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

so i was right and you dont know your correct server time.
It is a very very common issue. when you wrongly enter a server time you have issues.
you need to enter your default local time and do not change it because you are sure about the time zone in wherever place you live!

do these steps:

1- enter your local time in the default time zone in general setting.
2- make sure your local time zone in your profile is the same as default local timezone in general setting.
3- go to general setting and change the server time until you see the correct date in your website.

Cifug
  • 2013/1/31 4:28

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Quote:
irmtfan wrote:
so i was right and you dont know your correct server time.
It is a very very common issue. when you wrongly enter a server time you have issues.
you need to enter your default local time and do not change it because you are sure about the time zone in wherever place you live!

Actually, my server time was and still is correct and wont be changing at -5hrs. My local time at +10 was also and still is correct...nothing has changed from when I had the problem to now apart from it now works...kinda strange huh.

Maybe there was a server issue and the server clock went out of whack for a day or 2.

Anyway, my setting are back to where they started and all is good

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits