reddog801
Blank white page after theme install
  • 2012/10/9 6:40

• reddog801

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/10/9

Hi all,

<rant> Just once I'd like to be able to change a theme and nothing go wrong with the installation.<end rant> Thanks for letting get that out now on to the real matter...hehehee

So I have my own hosting through Host Gator, and tonight I installed Xoops with the quick installer within the CPANEL. Everything went fine. I'm using version 2.5.5. I wanted to install the yogart theme(social networking) so I went and downloaded it, extracted it to the desktop. I followed the directions fromhttp://www.warpigw2.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=10

I can only make it as far as going to "Preferences" ---> "General Settings". Choose the yogart theme for the default and what others are able to choose.In there I made a couple of changes to the name of my site then made sure I followed the directions and clicked on go. It takes me back to the administration panel so I bring up another browser and go to my website "exposingamerica.info" and it loads the name of the site but then nothing else happens, just a white blank page. I shut down my browser and try again, same thing.

I cannot get back to the administration screen or anything. Aside from uninstalling that is my only choice.
What have I done wrong?

Mamba
Re: Blank white page after theme install
  • 2012/10/9 7:41

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Where did you download the theme from?

I am aware of Yogurt "module", but not of Yogurt "theme".

If you have the Yogurt module, this is not maintained anymore, so I would suggest using SmallWorld module.

If indeed you have a Yogurt theme, you can change it using phpMyAdmin, by changing the theme name from "yogurt" to "default" or "zetagenesis" in the "config" table in the "theme_set" record.

Also, you can use the Installation and Operations Guides from here. The video is outdated.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits