RamteamJax
Language changer (e.g. dutch / english / german / french etc) for customers
  • 2012/8/25 21:54

• RamteamJax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/6/17

Hey there.

As I'm building my new company website (www.digi-fish.nl) which is in the completion fase, I'm looking for a way to add buttons to it so that my visitors can change the language suitable for them. Our clients/customers come from all over Europe, Australia and a few from Taiwan.

I fluently conquer the following languages:
- Dutch
- English
- German

My 'old' father helps me to support our french and spanish customers.

I know from way back when I still used vBadvanced i.c.w. vBulletin I had an option to set different languages.

I know there's language modules that set the language to e.g. dutch/german, but that's not what I'm looking for as you, hopefully, understand.

I don't want to make multiple identical websites for my customers.

So, I hope you understand what I mean, is there a module or a 'hack' to do that ?

I want to release my new website to my clients and customers on Tuesday 28th of August, since thén the real business starts again and the people who work for me, come back to work again :) (we always lock down our services for 5-7 weeks during the summer holiday. It's always worked for us, so why change it?).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Jax

ps: I hope i put it in the proper section. If not, then please don't shoot me :P

irmtfan
Re: Language changer (e.g. dutch / english / german / french etc) for customers
  • 2012/8/26 8:48

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

try Xlanguage 3.04 for changing the website language.
http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsModules/xlanguage/branches/mamba/?view=tar

Also if you have a style.css for each language you should implement the hack for this bug:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3556902&group_id=41586&atid=430840

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits