wishcraft
Profile 1.78 - Tom Foley's Social Networks Edition

Profile 1.78 - Tom Foley's Social Networks Edition
Community Release by Chronolabs

Profile module has taken a good turn, I have started to intergrate oauth applications like Twitter, Facebook & Linkedin to allow for uses to signup using those account creditentials from those social networks to both create an account on your system, reauthentication to that account as well as downloading avatars and customising the account as best can be.

Complete with Speed and locational checking, Profile 1.78 is the first release with any new features. I have also been developing in profiile 1.78 (which will be completed in later versions) an oauth 1.0 server, so profile will behave as a sentry for other websites using something like X-REST API and an oauth token to query APIs on your own site. This is the plan anyway.

Complete with service discovery and blocks for you to select which social network you want to connect from, I will be adding OpenID in the next version release. If you can suggest any other oauth application interfaces for authentication purposes then please comment or raise an issue for support of it, or forever hold your peace.

What is new in this version:
  • oauth server
  • oauth authentication with Twitter
  • oauth authentication with Facebook
  • oauth authentication with linkedin
  • Linked in authentication block
  • Twitter authentication block
  • Facebook authentication block
  • All Suported authentication block
  • Social network group assignement

Download:

Google: xoops2.5_profile_1.78.zip - 392 KB

Sourceforge: xoops2.5_profile_1.78.zip - 392 KB

Report Bugs & Issues:http://code.google.com/p/chronolabs/issues/list
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

Anonymous
Re: Profile 1.78 - Tom Foley's Social Networks Edition
  • 2012/6/6 20:05

• Anonymous

• Since:

Authentication using social media is very common nowadays, great news you moved this feature into the profile module Simon !

Apart from the blocks it would be great to add social login to the xoops comments and/or content modules itself. On a blog kind of site people just like to leave a personal comment on an article or blog, login on a block outside the module does not make sense for this kind of use...

I did not test the social login yet, but found a language error in preferences. Three settings are called "Facebook Group for additional to webmaster or register User." Two of them should be changed to Linkedin and Twitter....

Anonymous
  • 2012/6/6 20:35

• Anonymous

• Since:

I tested the social auth blocks, the "All Suported authentication block" is visible but only the blocktitle, other blocks don't even show up

(a clean xoops 2.5.5 site with user registration enabled, until now I only entered a Linkedin key and secret...)

flaggada
  • 2012/6/9 14:25

• flaggada

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/10/6

Hello

Thanks for this great module!
I've tried it and I've got the same issue, with white blocks.

More specifically, what is the callback URL to specify when building an app?
If we precise the URL of the site, likehttp://www.mysite.com for Facebook, after the procedure to accept the app, Facebook is redirecting on a page like that, and we're not registered:
http://www.mysite.com/modules/profile/user.php#_=_

With Twitter, you have to make permission read and write for your app, and it redirect us on an address like that:
http://www.mysite.com/modules/profile/getemail.php

It's a white page with some php error code:
Fatal error: Class 'XoopsThemeForm' not found in /home/www/mysite/web/modules/profile/include/forms.php on line 27

And of course we're not connected or registered on the site

Thanks for your help

wishcraft

OKey Hi Flipse and others,

You will need to have all the Consumer Keys and Consumer Secrets, App Key & App Secrets and App ID filled out in the preferences for the blocks to work, otherwise they will only display the items you have these blocks fixed in.

The Callback URLs are listed in the preferences but i will list these now:

Facebook: http(s)://yoursite.com/modules/profile/callback/facebook/

Linkedin: http(s)://yoursite.com/modules/profile/callback/linkedin/

Twitter: http(s)://yoursite.com/modules/profile/callback/twitter/

I notice there is a problem with my facebook connector, so I will have to fix this an re-release, it is not signing in, but my main development PCs video card is shot so it will have to wait till i have some cash before i can do anymore work.

Quote:

With Twitter, you have to make permission read and write for your app, and it redirect us on an address like that:
http://www.mysite.com/modules/profile/getemail.php

No....

That is a preloader which only popups up if the authenticated xoops account has no email address provided with it. If you want that feature pay for it so I can get a new video card, the purpose of open source is not to provide every single feature but the spectrum of requested or paid for features, it should not be to hard for you to add a permission into preferences to turn it on and off.

Thanks

Simon
Resized Image

wishcraft

Quote:

Apart from the blocks it would be great to add social login to the xoops comments and/or content modules itself. On a blog kind of site people just like to leave a personal comment on an article or blog, login on a block outside the module does not make sense for this kind of use...

How bout i add a feature to profile for you to use for this url:

yoursite.com/modules/profile/signin.php?network=facebook&url=http://yoursite.com/...

where network is the network you want to sign in and url is the final url to goto once the module is signed up and used?? This way you will be able to have on the comment box an icon for twitter, linkedin, facebook and openid and direct them to the add comment box once they are signed in.. I think that will be affective enough,
Resized Image

Anonymous
  • 2012/6/10 14:15

• Anonymous

• Since:

That's what I mean Simon, I used it here (my sisters WP blog...). Login this way works very nice.

Good luck with your pc troubles, I'll wait for the fix!

tomfoley
  • 2012/6/11 3:48

• tomfoley

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/3/26

Thank you so much for adding a social layer to Profile. It will be very popular I expect. I note your need for a new video card, but being unemployed I'm living on fumes these days so can't monetarily contribute. However, I do have an ASUS EAH5450 1GB DDR3 PCIe card I'm not using which I could ship to you if you wish. A perfectly good, modern card, DirectX 11, OpenGL 3.2, HDMI etc.

P.S. I'll have my people contact your people over the royalty payments for rights to my name

flaggada
  • 2012/6/11 4:41

• flaggada

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/10/6

Ok thanks, I understand now, good luck with your video problems.

wishcraft

Quote:

Thank you so much for adding a social layer to Profile. It will be very popular I expect. I note your need for a new video card, but being unemployed I'm living on fumes these days so can't monetarily contribute.

Hey as far as the australian government will tell you against my medico legal advice is that i am 'special' a disabled with schizophrenia.. But that is okey my dad said he would cover it, he is normally the one i call on to help out when the cash is short.. It was only a lucid comment at the time.. But thanks..

Quote:

P.S. I'll have my people contact your people over the royalty payments for rights to my name

Just googling the name 'tom foley' there is a few of you, so when you work out between you which one has the rights to the name get back to me, but I could probably offer you a cup of tea and a chat... It was after someone on the XOOPS Group requested social network capabilities.
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits