the_concept
How easy would this be with xoops?
  • 2012/4/1 20:42

• the_concept

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/11/4

Hello,

I have been looking at several systems to build a membership site with. This is a free membership but I would need four different kinds of membership, one with a drop down question during sign up.

I would need my members to be able to upload a custom image as their avatar and upload images with description of their images. Along side that I would need the members to have the ability to have their page be more like a profile page. I would need my members to be able to search for each other by what "kind" of member they are.

I would have to eliminate any kind of "dating" like system involved (age,sex, so on and so forth) if it's part of the system.

I am wondering how easy this would be to implement with XOOPS? I'm not afraid of doing some P.H.P. and creating some custom modules once I become more familiar with how to build them (still reading the guide).

If this is all possible with little to no P.H.P. please let me know, and if not can anyone point me in the right direction? I can't get into to much detail as I'm building it for a friend and it's their idea not mine.

Thanks,
Anthony
A.K.A. the_concept

Mamba
Re: How easy would this be with xoops?
  • 2012/4/1 23:42

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

As a starting point you can try the SmallWorld module.

I think, it will address several of the requirements. Then you could customize the rest...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

the_concept
Re: How easy would this be with xoops?

Mamba,

Thank you for your response I will check out the SmallWorld module and start creating the custom code from there. I appreciate any help I can get, I have the feeling this is going to turn into a lot of custom coding.... for free.

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits