Cicco
xRoster 2.3.0 on Xoops 2.5.4
  • 2012/3/14 16:48

• Cicco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

Hi all,

I just installed module Xroster (2.3 on Xoops 2.5.4), and i got problems to manage "Title Editor" and " Category Editor".

To be precise i can not create/change/delete a Group or a Title, while i found no issues with Member or Group.

For instance when i try to add a Group, the system doesn't show me nothing (the screen remains the same) while the link on the browser bar changes (http://localhost/.../modules/xroster/admin/main.php?op=Title_Editor&t_action=add)

Any suggestions will be very appreciated.

Greatings

Cicco
Re: xRoster 2.3.0 on Xoops 2.5.4
  • 2012/3/14 16:54

• Cicco

• Just popping in

I forgot it, in debug mode i got no problems highlighted.

Mamba
  • 2012/3/14 17:56

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
To be precise i can not create/change/delete a Group or a Title, while i found no issues with Member or Group.

As I said in my previous message, these are the bugs that I didn't have time to fix.

Maybe somebody else has the time to fix it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Cicco
  • 2012/3/14 23:08

• Cicco

• Just popping in

ok, unfortunately i don't know PHP so well to find a solution, above all if debug doesn't show errors.

I will try to make some random actions, otherwise i will have to run an old versione of Xoops.

Thank a lot,
Regards.

redheadedrod

I downloaded this module and will look into it when I get the chance.

I am a little behind in my classes at the moment but I will do what I can. I am willing to tweak this module for you as long as it doesn't take too much of my time.

I actually hacked the "heck" out of this module for a football team as I have mentioned elsewhere... In that version I removed the group and title stuff.

Let me know what you want to do with it and I will see what I can do...

I will try to repeat what you are doing and see what happens.

Expect any work I do on this to be on the weekends... I have a big project that I have to get done for one class this weekend so I don't know if I can fix it or not this weekend. Depends on what I find. It was a very messy program when I looked at it before and I had all I could do to not try to just rewrite the whole thing then.

Hey Mamba, the posted version is 2.3.0... Is this the same as the 2.23_Arowana version with 2.5 admin added?

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Mamba
  • 2012/3/15 5:30

• Mamba

Quote:
Hey Mamba, the posted version is 2.3.0... Is this the same as the 2.23_Arowana version with 2.5 admin added?

Yes
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Cicco
  • 2012/3/15 9:30

• Cicco

• Just popping in

Thanks Red for your availability.

At the moment i would like to have a section where i can put all members of a team/society. As you said, maybe we can remove one of two. So it would be great to have a something like:

- Management (category1 or group1)
- Chairman (title1)
- Coach (title2)

- Team (category2 or group2)
- Forward (title3)

However, if it is to hard and you could lose too time to solve it, don't worry, i will find a different way.

Thanks,

Cicco
  • 2012/3/15 9:30

• Cicco

• Just popping in

News: previous version (2.2) seems to work...

redheadedrod

Where did you find 2.2?

I will likely just go through and update the module so it works until I am able to go back and totally redo it. When I looked at it before it used very little of the xoops libraries and could be greatly improved. I believe by just updating it to use the xoops API it will help dramatically with the bugs.

I will also look through what I did and try to add what I had included.

The group section is nice if you are going to use it for more than one team.

I will try to make it easier to change the fields so it can be used by more people as well. As is now it can be a pain to change the fields.

Because it is a pain for the admin to enter the data on 50+ players I actually set it up to be a registration form for new players allowing them to enter all the information and then just required someone to approve the entry before it was displayed.

I will see about adding these features to the version here...

Will end up spending more time on it than I wanted to so it will take a little while to get it done but it should not be that big a deal and make it more worth while to use since I already did the work before.

This should make it reasonably usable until I am able to come back and work on it more.
Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Mamba
  • 2012/3/15 13:32

• Mamba

Quote:
As I said in my previous message, these are the bugs that I didn't have time to fix.

Maybe somebody else has the time to fix it.

OK, this has been now fixed. Please download it again and test it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits