Cicco
Warning messages about xoops_lib and xoops_data
  • 2012/3/14 14:58

• Cicco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

Dear Gurus,

I've installed Xoops. Now the systems is showing a message about moving or renaming of folders xoops_lib and xoops_data, but if i do it, i have problem.. as following:

Warning: require(C:/wamp/..../secure.php) [function.require]: failed to open streamNo such file or directory in C:wamp....mainfile.php on line 68

Thanks a lot,
Greatings

Anonymous
Re: Warning messages about xoops_lib and xoops_data
  • 2012/3/14 15:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

Did you edit mainfile.php to change the new path to and/or new name of xoops_lib and xoops_data ?

Cicco
  • 2012/3/14 16:00

• Cicco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

ops...

Peekay
  • 2012/3/14 16:16

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Even if you move these out of the web root on your localhost setup, I would check that you can actually do this on your live server. Many hosts impose an open-basedir restriction that will prevent it.

I still think these 'Warnings' should be changed to 'Recommendations'. Moving the items is ideal, but it is not essential to operating a Xoops site securely.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

redheadedrod

Peekay, If it makes you feel better I have been working on a new install program that is intended to do alot of things for you. I have been working on it between classes and I am about 2 weeks behind on one class.. In other words, slow going.

I hope to have it done by the time xoops 2.6 is in beta so it can be tested and included with the released version of 2.6.

If I have a productive weekend this weekend I should be caught up in all of my classes and can get back to updating the install script.

When done, it will force you to do something with these directories.. It will allow you to test if you have access to an external directory and if you do will save them where you choose otherwise will scramble the name of the directories to protect them. Once done this warning will no longer be an issue for the vast majority of users.

I am using 2.5.4 as the base for now but when finished It would work fine with 2.4.5, 2.5 and likely 2.6 without having to modify much. I don't mean to hijack this thread but the new install program will be much better than the one currently being used and I will leave it at that.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Anonymous
  • 2012/3/15 11:39

• Anonymous

• Since:

Great Job Red! As this will make installing xoops more friendly to non technical users.

redheadedrod

See this link if you are more interested in my plans for the Install script.. I am currently working on this so any input would be appreciated.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=74900&post_id=344909#forumpost344909
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits