corvetteguru
Upgraded to 2.5.4 and have a couple of questions

The upgrade has gone ok, so far. But I have 2 nasty problems:

1. No "Quote" button on the forum screens, using newbb, v3.08.

2. Can't "deactivate" a user. Get all sorts of errors, using User Profile, v1.62.

3. Last night, I had configured "tinymce" as the editor, and now, all I get is the plain text editor.

Thoughts?

corvetteguru
Re: Upgraded to 2.5.4 and have a couple of questions

UPDATE: Got #1 fixed.

Mamba
  • 2012/1/5 15:24

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
2. Can't "deactivate" a user. Get all sorts of errors, using User Profile, v1.62.

If you are logged in as Admin, in a User's profile, there should be a button "Deactivate"

Quote:
3. Last night, I had configured "tinymce" as the editor, and now, all I get is the plain text editor.

Where did you configure it? In Preferences?
Which module you don't see it anymore?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

corvetteguru

I selected TinyMCE in System Module Settings; at the bottom of the page, there are three areas where you can select Editor Settings.

Editor for Blocks
Editor for Comments
Editor for all Modules

And there are three options:

dhtmlextarea
textarea
tinymce

I selected TinyMCE, and it no longer offers that as the default.

Now, within newbb, reply.php is the app and it offers three options:

Plain Text
DHTML Form with xCode
TinyMCE

All I want is the TinyMCE back!

As for the User module area, the deactivate button shows, but I get a pot load of errors whenever I actually hit it...

Warning: include(header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/abc/public_html/modules/profile/admin/deactivate.php on line 2

Warning: include(header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/abc/public_html/modules/profile/admin/deactivate.php on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/abc/public_html/modules/profile/admin/deactivate.php on line 2

Fatal error: Call to undefined function xoops_cp_header() in /home/abc/public_html/modules/profile/admin/deactivate.php on line 3

Thanks for the feedback!

Thoughts?

khalidinho
  • 2012/1/17 9:13

• khalidinho

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/12/15

Quote:

UPDATE: Got #1 fixed.

please tell me how ??

redheadedrod

Sounds like you may have a file permissions problem, files missing or you need to clean your cache files out.

Also, make sure your forum program doesn't have a setting in the admin for it to choose the editor. Not all modules will use the system settings for default editors.

So delete all the cache files , and check the admin for your forum to make sure there isn't a setting for the editors.

For profile, if that is the only one doing that make sure you have installed all related directories for this. I don't know if there is just a modules directory or if there is a lib folder for it. Otherwise you will likely want to delete all the module files and upload the files new. I always decompress my files on the server to make sure they have the right user and permissions. If you do this make sure you do the "module upgrade" button in the admin modules area to make sure the module is up to date. If there are ANY errors during the update then you have problems with the module install.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

arpg
  • 2012/1/25 1:11

• arpg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/1/25

I too am having this problem. Tried all the fixes to no avail and still getting the failed to open stream error. Only happens when I delete users.

Login

Who's Online

81 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 81

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits