holljac
Ecommerce module
  • 2011/5/10 2:46

• holljac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/4

There used to be a module that integrated zen-cart with xoops. I used it for several years and really liked it. Then the updating of it stopped. I ended up installing zen within the modules directory and then hacking the zen theme to make it look like the xoops theme. It was not in any way integrated with xoops. In short it was a real hack. There is currently one for zen but quite frankly, it was basically what I did and it won't even install properly for me either. It appears that Oledrion is dead as far as xoops is concerned. Xoops osCommerce seems dead, at least not updated. So the real point to all this is that Xoops NEEDS to have a viable up to date ecommerce module. I have used Xoops since about the 2.0.13 or .14 release and would like to stay with it. However, the lack of an active and usable ecommerce module is forcing me to look elsewhere. Is there any one out there who is working on a new ecommerce module? I thinks this is vital to xoops in order to remain viable as a CMS. All other CMSs have some form or another of ecommerce module, but xoops does not.

Yes, I know I'm welcome to write one. If I could I would. In the meantime, I have started exploring other options to xoops.

novlang1984
Re: Ecommerce module

Agree with you.

All developers I have contacted about Oledrion said : "too complicated to update", ask to someone else or use another tool ... it means another CMS.

I hope it will change one day

wishcraft
Re: Ecommerce module

Well if someone wants to pay the $35 p/hr for GNU Development, I am willing to working one one, probably take around 17 days of 6 hours a day programming.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits