tedsmith
How to enable a notification option by default?
  • 2011/4/27 20:33

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Hi

Using the MyAlbum 2.88 module and Xoops 2.4.4, I have several notification options displayed at the bottom that I want the user to be able to choose.

However, they are all unticked by default.

There is one that I want to have enabled by default as many of my users don't realise that it's there. It's the option "Notify me when a new comment is posted for this item."

I also want to change the default notification option from PM to e-mail so that when a comment is posted the user is automatically sent an e-mail without them having to do anything.

Burning
Re: How to enable a notification option by default?
  • 2011/4/27 21:10

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

Don't know how to activate notification by default, but to simplify users task, you could take a look to notification module :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xoofoo/files/Xoops/Modules/ (bottom of the list)

---

To replace pm by email method, I believe you just have to edit kernel/user.php :
Quote:
// RMV-NOTIFY
// $this->initVar('notify_method', XOBJ_DTYPE_OTHER, 1, false);
$this->initVar('notify_method', XOBJ_DTYPE_OTHER, 2, false);

(but for users already registered, you should write an sql request...)
Still learning CSS and... english

tedsmith
Re: How to enable a notification option by default?
  • 2011/4/27 21:26

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Hi

Thanks for the link to the notifications module. I've just given that a try but it's not really what I want.

The default notification system is just what I want as it displays the notifications at the bottom of each submitted photo. It's just that I need one of them to be enabled by default, instead of disabled. I thought there would be a field in the database somewhere that I could just flick from 0 to 1 but I can't work out where it is.

Ted

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits