voltan
Teamwork on extgallery and wish list for new version
  • 2011/3/13 8:30

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

Hello

we are ready to public version 1.0.9 and we can start work on new version . any one are interested help us and join dev team ? and do you have an whis list for new version ?

redheadedrod
Re: Teamwork on extgallery and wish list for new version

Hey Voltan, I will be looking at making some major changes to this module as well and I have outlined where I am going with it in this thread...

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=73407&forum=65

I was thinking of looking into the Pear stuff as well and see if there is support to use the pear libraries if they are already loaded by the server to use those instead of the included libraries. And then make sure the included libraries are up to date. Down the road I will look at available pear libraries and see if anything there could add significant features as well.

Thinking that the upload portion should have more functions added so we can have more than just the extended and standard options since the Java upload doesn't seem to work for everyone.

Due to the major structural changes to the module that will be required to accomplish what I want to do I will likely bring it out as a 2.0 version and include anything you add to the current version.

I also want to separate as much code as I can and put them into objects to reduce the code used. Plus this will allow the code to be reused as well in other modules.

fdeconiac
  • 2011/3/15 8:50

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/11/29

Hi redheadedrod and Voltan,

I can help for french translation, testing and development ideas... but i won't be helpful on development :(

Here are some dvpt ideas :

=> Refresh the admin (not comprehensible) to make it more as an explorer with action icons :

* For categories, make a list of albums/subalbums, with some icons (in columns) on right side : rebuild (thumbs), edit, delete, rename,... Just add a link "add an album on top" (to hide/display add form)

* Photos : rebuild went to albums. Maintain batch (except if we can have a new app working to upload photo). List photos, as for albums, with or without photo (as for modules), with icon on right : edit (or directly have open fields to edit, like title and description)

* Permissions : There are too much... it's heavy to manage !

* Slideshow : hide options we do not use (after selecting the slideshow to use) + add a thumb of each slideshow on each admin part (to quickly see which options correspond to which slideshow)

=> On user side :

* add an option for display album representative/main picture randomly (new option to make the site more dynamic !) or with a choosen picture (as it exist now)

* Avoid tables with squarre borders that make like html page :) (or at least use border radius, shadow, or other effects)

Kindly regards and let us know when we can help!

redheadedrod

Assuming I get time to work on this soon...

With the changes I am looking to make the album and category stuff will all get changed. And the structure of permissions will likely change along with it...

This will also mean changes to the exporting, importing and rebuild stuff as well.

I have picked up some facebook books on building facebook applications and it looks like it may be possible to somehow link to albums on facebook as well. Will look into that as I go along.

Rodney

CS_Swan
  • 2011/3/22 13:06

• CS_Swan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/11/28

where can I get the final 1.09 , I am having huge trouble with RC2 with 2.5.0 slideshows not working, access to kenburns effect, javascript errors in asset.js and slideshow.js

wound up using an old 1.07 version but that has the same errors in asset.js and slideshow.js
any help would be appreciated.

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits