voltan
Teamwork on xnews and solve problems
  • 2011/3/11 5:33

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

Hi all

last days I try build new website whit xnews module . after input informations and prepare the sample site . I saw a few problems

1- tag plugin not work in tag module ( in xnews/veiw.tga.php work )
2- rss not work ( on backend.php and modules/xnews/backendt.php )
3- if I use " Length of the title characters " in blocks I have problem whit mb_substr function ( in local whit xampp and php 5.3 I don't have problem but in server whit php 5.2 I have problem )

I have 3 weeks vacation and I want work on xnews and extgallery and forcontent modules .

for xnews I want solve These three problems . any one have other problem? or any one want help me ?

fdeconiac
Re: Teamwork on xnews and solve problems
  • 2011/3/11 10:06

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/11/29

for xnews, that would be nice to add
- an option "hide publishing date" as we have "hide the author". For permanent content (pages), date is not necessary and make your content old for your visitors with time ! Also if we add an option "hide counter view", that would save a lot of space in category pages (one line for each article if we hide date, author and counter : it would be great for use it as content/page module)
- an option to add a picture to an article, with a thumbmail in category page (with the option right/left display). In fact we have it for catergory image right now, but that would be great by article

If you want other development ideas for other modules, let me know : i have so much ;)
There are a lot of old very good modules needed updates : adresses+googlehack; evennews; videotube; xplorer and also more recent ones : slideshow (missing target management); liaise (missing recipient at user level and not group);...

Have a nice vacations !

Mamba
  • 2011/3/11 13:53

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

That's great that you want to work on xNews.

I hope, many other developers will join and we'll have a great teamwork on this and a stable version very soon!

I'll be glad to help as well
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

voltan
  • 2011/3/11 14:21

• voltan

• Theme Designer

Quote:
- an option "hide publishing date" as we have "hide the author". For permanent content (pages), date is not necessary and make your content old for your visitors with time ! Also if we add an option "hide counter view", that would save a lot of space in category pages (one line for each article if we hide date, author and counter : it would be great for use it as content/page module)

It's good idea . I can do it easy

Quote:
- an option to add a picture to an article, with a thumbmail in category page (with the option right/left display). In fact we have it for catergory image right now, but that would be great by article

This option was availeble in news . Mr rossi improve this option for xnews and I work on it too . I think at this moment . this option work good

Quote:
If you want other development ideas for other modules, let me know : i have so much ;)
There are a lot of old very good modules needed updates : adresses+googlehack; evennews; videotube; xplorer and also more recent ones : slideshow (missing target management); liaise (missing recipient at user level and not group);...

Have a nice vacations !

news/xnews module have old structure . we want rewrite this module but is better do it for XE . at this moment we must ready this version for work

just I have a idea about this module name . perhaps is better to change this module name to news again . what's your idea about this?

fdeconiac
  • 2011/3/11 14:38

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/11/29

Fully agree to rename xnews by news... as it's still time (very few differences between both modules) !

That would avoid
- confusion
- 2 parallel development for a same module. It's better to concentrate on 1 good module :)

novlang1984

Two problems:
- plugin for pdf detection does not work and breaks article layout (see into article.php)
- there is a matter with highlight keywords feature, a blank page if I well remember

One request : could you add these 3 plugins into an /extra folder ?

voltan
  • 2011/3/12 8:19

• voltan

• Theme Designer

@novlang1984

I will check thsi problem and I will add plugins . thank you for this ( do you test plugins in clones?

novlang1984

I only tested RSSFit and Sitemap plugins, with a cloned version.
But first I've cloned xNews and then edited manually the two plugins.

voltan
  • 2011/3/13 8:31

• voltan

• Theme Designer

I want try rename xnews to news . any one can help me whit test and bug fix?

pplemoko
  • 2011/3/13 9:00

• pplemoko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/2/22

I have tested this experimentalRSSFit (RssfitXnews.php) on my site online.

It's work fine with Safari but not with Internet Explorer or FireFox. (see there)

Thank you ... and have a nice vacations !

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits